The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SNAPS by David Jonathan & Dan Harlan (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
sebola
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of sebola
Https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13110

Official Description:

A game-changer for magicians & mentalists. Read minds like never before with 2 photo decks, secretly marked and tons of original routines.

"A clever tool for creative performers. Endless possibilities" - R. Paul Wilson

"SNAPS is just what I wanted. Do virtually any card effect without the taint of card tricks. And much much more. For those who find card tricks redundant or out of place , SNAPS opens a whole new world. It has unlimited uses, a fine double set, and sharp video. I will use these. 5 stars easily" - Marc Salem

This isn’t just a gimmick that hides in plain sight. It’s not just two beautiful decks of cards designed to elevate your magic beyond simple tricks. It’s an invitation to more than a dozen different routines and a community of creators using a revolutionary tool that will blow your audience away. This is SNAPS. You will receive two high-quality sets of cards consisting of gorgeous full-color photos with a secret that is too good to share here. Using these cards you will be able to reveal words, numbers, names, places, playing cards, ESP symbols, anything you want. Both David Jonathan and Dan Harlan teach lots of high impact routines to get you started. But it doesn’t stop there. These cards have built-in psychological forces, bonus features, and an online community where the name of the game is creativity. In the works for more than a year, SNAPS comes ready to go right out of the box. Perfect for mentalists, magicians, and anyone who wants great reactions. Start taking your old card routines in new and exciting directions. Learn a book test that has multiple climaxes. Have the cards mixed and then reveal your spectator’s name with them doing all the dealing. Have an audience member think of one of the pictures and transform the image inside their own mind. These aren’t ideas to get you creating, these are real effects taught in the download, and that’s just the beginning of where SNAPS will take you.
sebola
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of sebola
I think this is very interesting, cause the 2 decks seems have to habe really much possibilities.

Dan Harlan releases good stuff, his name is a reputation for himself.
The cards look very good - the price could be a bit lower for my feeling...but I'm interested; also, cause I look for a good "picture deck" quite a while. Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I see some potential use these cards, so I got it...but...shipping is 25 USD and for two deck of cards is a lot lol 😂
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
What is the Facebook group link. Cannot find it. Thanks.

Joe
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
So good https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13110

WATCH THE SECOND VIDEO it really explains why this is special.
P3
practice practice perform.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
This is right up my alley. I'll be getting and using this for sure.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah I 'snapped' one up immediately. Been wanting a photo style deck and this really ticks some extra boxes.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
I bought it and watched the first 30 minutes of the 2 and a half hour instructional download. This is super well made and worth the asking price.Look forward to getting the cards in hand. Already have lots of ideas.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I saw dan harlan perform a live performance of snaps at a penguin magic convention and it was amazing!!!!! Everyone was floored!!!!!! Great job guys!!!!!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I joined the party too ... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Directors cut, cinemental, all the others are all the same. Picture decks. I make mine with blank playing cards and draw something or print stuff on clear labels and get the goods the old fashioned way.

Manufactured stuff looks, well, manufactured.

But again I own a lot of them but don’t use them.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, John C wrote:
Directors cut, cinemental, all the others are all the same. Picture decks. I make mine with blank playing cards and draw something or print stuff on clear labels and get the goods the old fashioned way.

Manufactured stuff looks, well, manufactured.

But again I own a lot of them but don’t use them.

What sets this apart from all the others, at least for me, are the letters hidden within the photos. That idea offers a LOT of potential for things you couldn't do with a standard picture deck. Of course making your own "non-manufactured" version of the prop is always an option, and I'll be doing that for one idea I got from just watching the trailer (where I'll need pictures that are more specifically customized and in stage size). But I'll definitely be buying the deck too, to support the creators who inspired the idea.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Ref: manufactured props, there is the trade-off that many people prefer the innocence of hand made things, but there can also be the sense that if you have personally made something you have a knowledge and command of it that would not otherwise be the case. Which is more suspicious - a pile of photos a magician has clearly hand made, or a deck of photos that has come from some (apparently innocent) third party? The choice is an aesthetic one that depends entirely on your approach and presentation.

I do know that David spent a huge amount of time selecting and developing the range of images, and that there were extensive discussions about exactly *what* the deck was supposed to be.

In the end, and I guess this isn't clear from the promo, it was decided that the deck would be disguised as a piece of promotional merchandise from a stock image agency, the kind that would be given away at a trade show or whatever. This layer of smoke doesn't *need* to be woven into the presentation - the product tells it's own story - but the camouflage gives you an option if punters start wondering exactly what the deck is.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, phillsmiff wrote:
Ref: manufactured props, there is the trade-off that many people prefer the innocence of hand made things, but there can also be the sense that if you have personally made something you have a knowledge and command of it that would not otherwise be the case. Which is more suspicious - a pile of photos a magician has clearly hand made, or a deck of photos that has come from some (apparently innocent) third party? The choice is an aesthetic one that depends entirely on your approach and presentation.

I do know that David spent a huge amount of time selecting and developing the range of images, and that there were extensive discussions about exactly *what* the deck was supposed to be.

In the end, and I guess this isn't clear from the promo, it was decided that the deck would be disguised as a piece of promotional merchandise from a stock image agency, the kind that would be given away at a trade show or whatever. This layer of smoke doesn't *need* to be woven into the presentation - the product tells it's own story - but the camouflage gives you an option if punters start wondering exactly what the deck is.

Phill

Very well said! It reflects my thinking. It is at the bottom you that put "props" into context, plot and story... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I saw Dan Harlans name attached, and liked the idea and so ordered immediately.
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Already sold out. That was fast!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Is it better than Marc Spelmann's The Gallery?
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
This does look good, especially how you can spell the spectators name/phone number/date as an added kicker, would be a great ending for a 3 phase mind reading routine

Will pick this up when its available on the UK
Josh Burch
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, Doric wrote:
Is it better than Marc Spelmann's The Gallery?

Better is a relative term, but the Snaps deck is completely marked and each card has a hidden letter in it. Marc's routines and effects with this type of deck are great but in my view, the Snaps deck adds an extra dimension with the addition of the alphabet.

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, lucavolpe wrote:
I see some potential use these cards, so I got it...but...shipping is 25 USD and for two deck of cards is a lot lol 😂

Of course, with any order at Penguin over $50 you get free shipping anywhere. If I was in your shoes I'd bundle the order with a few other tricks and call it good.
eddiescott98
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of eddiescott98
I watched about half of the video, and I am excited about these. I am also a photographer, so these will be a lot of fun for me to use. The instructional video (thus far) is very well mad and informative. A very nice looking product for sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SNAPS by David Jonathan & Dan Harlan (81 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL