The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Voodoo Needle by Peter Eggink & Aeon Sun (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Anaheim, CA USA
182 Posts

Profile of btwigg
What are we looking at in terms of supplies. Things we should all have in our drawers?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1797 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, pegasus wrote:
There must’ve been some absolute rubbish at Blackpool this year if this was the Max’s favourite effect. Honestly.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. Not comprehending the excitement for this one. I watched the trailer more than once to see if there was something I missed. Nope.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, btwigg wrote:
What are we looking at in terms of supplies. Things we should all have in our drawers?

a needle, a pad, and a pen, or just your finger...
tomd
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, btwigg wrote:

A pad, pen and a needle. There isn’t anything else
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6988 Posts

Profile of bowers
What length of push pen would work best?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have no idea about the method, but I can imagine that this can really creep some people out in the hands of a capable presenter. I would definitely say that presentation for the ability to present, is a key here. A definite key.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Josh Burch
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Love this effect! Beautiful, elegant, simple, and powerful.

This thread reminds me how much I dislike the Café though. It's a steal for $15. I've spent much more on magic with less than half the appeal, or practicality.

I'm confident that this will become a classic.

It reminds me of the simplicity of some of Wayne Houchin's material. So simple you kick yourself. With an engaging presentation and a layered method or two it could be super strong.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The way I figure it, if Max maven is sold on it, and purchased one, well that says a lot. Of course that is presuming he wasn’t paid to endorse, which I highly doubt he would’ve been.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3484 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It is a steal but the price is irrelevant to me when I critique something . Remember 100% of nothing is worth nothing and 10% of 100 is worth 10% .
That being said this is quirky and different but in a real world scenario it isn’t earth shattering imho . Fooled me and probably fooled more of us magicians than laymen as they aren’t thinking method wise as much as us Gaz 🙂
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3697 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Great, simple and practical effect. This is only limited by your imagination. Create an intriguing story and maybe combine it with Vertex by Christopher Taylor or other similar effects and you will have an intriguing, entertaining routine.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6988 Posts

Profile of bowers
Simple magic is sometimes the best magic.
In the right hands it can be a miracle.
And once learned never forgotten.
Todd
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1382 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Combine it with ashes on palm and you’ll get some people who are genuinely scared Smile

Madison
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
Combine it with ashes on palm and you’ll get some people who are genuinely scared Smile

Madison

Lovely idea Madison.
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
881 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Gotta love the sales pitch that it sold out at the convention. It is a download is it not.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1935 Posts

Profile of 252life
This is oddly satisfying. I'm a better person for knowing this somehow Smile
It's a quirky thought provoking odd effect and I'm happy to know it.
Add a Okito Voodoo doll to Madisons idea and you have a bizarre act that fits in an Altoid tin.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2708 Posts

Profile of tophatter
That's It ? going to take a big pad with me for that ! maybe I am missing something it's late I will take a look at it again tomorrow. I think everyone is impressed with the method then the effect itself. If anything follow up with LOOPS after that demonstration .....
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3484 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It was sold as a physical item at Blackpool Gaz 🙂
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Method aside which is simple and clever.Many here may "write this off" due to whats shown in the demo as far as the routine . Which in my opinion is some what simple almost to a fault. IE needle follows pens movement. My initial idea which I will share would be to use the glass to draw or trace two circles on the page. This will give 2 perfect cirles and introduces the glass early as well.
Have a card freely selected from a deck. Spectators shuffles it back in the deck. You then ask them to imagine that these circles are 2 clock faces and they need to fill in both clocks with 12 cards IE 9C 3S 4D etc. Instead of the traditional numbers. And in doing so they are asked to place their card in any position on the clock they wish along with the other 11 cards they chose to think of. You of course do "not know" which of the 12 it is.
So they now have two identical clocks. They then chose either clock to place the pin into its centre. You then take the glass and cover the pin and the clock isolating it. This next step is optional but You could then place a silk over top of glass as well. You now take the pen and hover it over the other clock slowly and dramatically landing in its centre asking them to think of their card. After some build up you draw a line from centre to say the 7D. First climax is you "read their mind". Second one you remove the silk and the needle is now leaning towards that same card. Some may prefer to do it exposed so they see the needle move but there is something to be said about them removing the silk to reveal it. Same premise could be done with actual clock times as a prediction if you use your imagination. The other thought and I am not sure if it would play is you pretend that the needle is moving first and guiding your hand but that takes a bit of timed misdirection not sure if it would fly. If specs watch the needle they may not notice pen is slightly ahead of it.
howardy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of howardy
I like those ideas Scott. The idea of covering it with a silk and then showing it to have moved is really nice, as you can then 'up the ante' by showing it actually in motion in a subsequent segment. Gets a bit more mileage out of it and I think it would seem like completely different thing happening, because in the first there's time distance between the pencil moving and the needle being shown to have moved, while in the second part they happen in sync, so it seems really different. Obviously you wouldn't do the clock idea twice.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
746 Posts

Profile of roblane
Superb ! Thanks
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Voodoo Needle by Peter Eggink & Aeon Sun (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL