We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Voodoo Needle by Peter Eggink & Aeon Sun (150 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3921 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Agree. Nice idea and performance. I really do think there is plenty of room for creativity with this one and that the best ideas are yet to come. Hopefully people more creative than me will continue to come up with full routines that showcase this unique plot.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
915 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I think people are seeing this 100% wrong. This is similar to a pendulum in that even if you know how it works, it’s still extremely cool. And even though you can find out how a pendulum really works, there’s still millions of people who believe it’s something supernatural. I think that’s where the power in this lies. This is something that even if they can replicate it on their own, it still seems unexplainable.
kazpet
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of kazpet
It is a nice effect, but because of it is so simple, little if any technique and no gimmicks it is too easy to replicate. All you have to do is to try it and you will get the method and the youtube videos that are starting to appear will help you if you don't. Therefore it would have been good if the video had presentation ideas and not been shorter than the promo video that would make it worth the download. Just my opinion.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I think people are seeing this 100% wrong. This is similar to a pendulum in that even if you know how it works, it’s still extremely cool. And even though you can find out how a pendulum really works, there’s still millions of people who believe it’s something supernatural. I think that’s where the power in this lies. This is something that even if they can replicate it on their own, it still seems unexplainable.

which people are seeing it wrong? this effect has had nothing but praise from some of the biggest names in the industry, and almost everyone on the Café...mostly because they were fooled by the (probably ) lack of thread / magnets advert blurb I would guess.
the only gripe I have is the price, that the effect is the method (so any spec could recreate it instantly), and lack of development, people here have already added ideas that make it better, but of course nobody will get any money for it...
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, TheDirectionalist wrote:

This is all so true. BTW, a lot of people still can't do the pendulum. This is not necessarily easily replicated. Without giving exposing, there is something very minor that there is a high percentage people will do and it won't work. IMO,its a worker.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
If so many people knew how this effect worked they would not have bought it.
After learning it.You say I understand it now.But I don't think everyone was sure
how exactly it worked.
And presented right will still be in the no about it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3750 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think this only caught magicians out because we know methods . Lay people don’t ( hopefully ) know as many , so therefore on this one I agree logic is unfortunately more likely to dictate the answer .
It’s a decent little effect but I think anyone who thinks it’s the best effect of the connection is kidding themselves .
It’s like Penn & Teller being fooled they guess p.lm because the magician fakes a p.lm as they ( P&T ) know that’s a method and hence then guess wrong .
Pretty basic observations on my part , but true imho ( see I’ve convinced myself ) 😂 Gaz 🙂
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree it isn't the best thing since sliced bread.
But it is a good effect.As said above audience management is the key.
And how you present it will be a key factor also.I have did it several
times with different people in my office which is filled with architects
and computer programers.And all were very amazed at the effect.I believe the more simple
minded people will guess what could be happening then the more intellect one's.
Magicians are usally looking for an gimmick to accomplish a effect.But so are lay people.
The real magic that makes you smile when someone presents this right is what counts.
Todd
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I had no idea what was going on. After giving it a try and it actually working...I still don't really understand it! Seems pretty close to real magic to me.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Already on tick tock. Hope no one bought this with intentions of performing it.

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
So is the TT but performed well still goes over good with most.
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Using a large spiral pad and pencil, I did it to my wife...she smiled...said it looked weird...then said exactly how it was done. First time she ever guest a trick I performed.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, MadisonH wrote:

I know!!! My kid busted me with “I already saw this Dad”. I thought there could be no way. He has an engineer mind. He’s always trying to bust me. So his smart a&& writes down a prediction of what is going to happen. I bet him. I just bought this yesterday! It came out last weekend. So I perform it and his prediction is right. Thx a lot Tiktok kid. On a better note, it freaked out my wife and she knows it all. I did the voodoo doll. Wrote words like pain and hate and like a ouija board I wrote out “bye” and timed the finish of the e with the pin popping out , “dead”. It was worth it .
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1017 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, MadisonH wrote:

Madison

How does Tick Tock work and how big is the range for such video?
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1935 Posts

Profile of alexhui
The biggest issue right now is, it is a great trick but everyone is doing it in its simplest form, which is wrong.

If no additional layer of deception is added to hide the method, it's just like doing a criss-cross force without time misdirection at all. It's not the trick or method is the problem, but magician is the problem.

Sad...

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1935 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:

Madison

How does Tick Tock work and how big is the range for such video?

It's so so huge. And any videos can be explosively huge in hours.

Besides, Chinese is using it too. So there are a lot of exposures there. Because many just want to gain audience.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8331 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

Madison

I didn’t buy it with the intention of never performing it.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Madison

Oof, bad news for you then!

As mentioned earlier, Tick Tock is massive right now. The largest social media app exclusively for videos. Creates huge sensations over night. And those videos can get hundreds of millions of views within a week.

Needless to say, not good for something like this to be on there as a “challenge.”

Madison

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8331 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Madison

Oof, bad news for you then!

As mentioned earlier, Tick Tock is massive right now. The largest social media app exclusively for videos. Creates huge sensations over night. And those videos can get hundreds of millions of views within a week.

Needless to say, not good for something like this to be on there as a “challenge.”

Madison

Madison

Not bad news at all. I repeat. I did not buy it.
howardy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of howardy
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, alexhui wrote:
The biggest issue right now is, it is a great trick but everyone is doing it in its simplest form, which is wrong.

This is very true, and the same can be said for a LOT of magic. It's a shame the idea wasn't more developed to really bring out the potential this has.

There's also a LOT of misconceptions floating around about this. first the idea that you need an A3 pad, which isn't true - a larger pad heightens the effect slightly, but is by no means necessary. Then the idea that if it's spec-repeatable then it's no good. Surely that only seals the deal, that you the magician weren't doing anything funky and there really is such a thing as telekinesis, omg?!?! Then the idea that if a few million kids see a crappy version on tiktok it's somehow ruined it. If it's popular on tiktok guess what that means? That it's got the power to amaze.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Voodoo Needle by Peter Eggink & Aeon Sun (150 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL