We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New show (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Episode four of my tv series has a bit of a bizarre magic themed episode for those interested and able to access BBC iplayer. Link here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0......irection
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
That was excellent. Best episode of this very enjoyable series so far. Thought we were going to see a wee cameo from "Dolly" there for a minute!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Thanks for the tip. Forging access now.
magic259
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of magic259
Absolutely superb! Many thanks for the heads up.

BTW, I liked the look of the Tarot cards.....were they specially produced for this episode?
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Yes - the art department did the tarot cards. Glad you enjoyed it.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Always a wonderful pleasure!
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
113 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2020, papalazarou wrote:
Yes - the art department did the tarot cards. Glad you enjoyed it.

Great merchandising opportunity there to help fund the good old Beeb while people are taking pot shots at the licence fee: 'The No. 9 Tarot'? I'd be in like a shot! The art department did a fantastic job!
magic259
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of magic259
Yes, count me in on the Tarot.

Possibly a Kickstarter funded project....just a thought!
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Am looking into possibilities regarding a reproduction of the tarot deck that Neville uses in the episode...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17682 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Not available for us yanks.. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Gold - cue Spandau Ballet. Also noticed a little cameo in The Worlds End. Which I finally got round to watching last night.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Curses. No dice.

I'll have to wait patiently for it to hit BritBox.
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Britbox has it on 17th March - so not long!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I finally had a chance to watch this episode on BritBox last night. I had to watch it again as soon as the credits rolled. It's that good.

This episode is, in itself, a masterful, bizarre magic routine.

So many levels of 'misdirection' at play beyond the keenly plotted routines that frame the mystery -- the script, the performances... I swear, if you're on this forum, you need to see it. It was practically made for us spookies. There are so many delicious references to our faux-shadowed world.

Bravo, Papa L.

Perkins

PS And of course, if you end up making those cards... I mean... yeah, who could resist?
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Thanks so much! I’m delighted you enjoyed it. It was - as you spotted, a love letter to the bizarre!
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Just watched on BritBox...beautifully written! The tarot effect is a true lesson in bizarre magic.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Thank you Rick - so pleased you enjoyed!
JBD
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of JBD
Fantastic episode of Inside No.9. Who did all the magic props used on the episode belong to?
Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are genius!
JBD
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of JBD
As soon as a cut throat Razor comes into play the legs start to go, for many!

The cut throat razor seen on the BBC show Inside No.9, Series:5 Episode:4 Misdirection is a chilling and disturbing element to add to the already mysterious and strange tales conjured up by Reece and Steve. If you have not seen the shows and you like strange, curious and bizarre tales, with a twisting tinge of horror, then this is definitely for you. This particular episode is a great magic themed twisted tale.

The fantastic cut throat razor (Slasher) prop is available from Black Hart - Black Artefacts, based in the Scottish Highlands, UK. Black Harts customer service is excellent!
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
470 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Thank you JBD.

Clips available http://www.blackhart.co.uk/ and here http://www.blackhart.co.uk/slasher.html

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New show (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL