The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » How to handle "grabby" spectators? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
See, that's the beauty of my "pills".
As soon as someone takes something (which is very rarely anyway) I toss them the bottle saying "here, you will like this". It catched them off guard and they will 100% of the time drop your prop in favor of catching the bottle I tossed at them. (toss lightly but towards their face, just lob it). As soon as they release their grip on my prop, I snag it back.
Jay Buchanan
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yes, I like the pills. I'll use that technique. it's always nice to be prepared.

What do you use, tic tacs?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
I use M&M's for my Grabvil, and jelly beans (small) for my Hecklonal.

But tic-tacs would be even better I think!

Smile
Jay Buchanan
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
i like the idea of perhaps multi-colored tic-tacs or something to make them look interesting. get different colors and put them together in a pill tube or whatever.

hey, maybe there's an application for the pee-can here??? thinking, thinking...

also, i live in sacramento, california and it's hotter than hell sometimes outside where i do strolling magic.

the m&m's would melt and probably boil.
i've literally had tricks melt.

yes, indeed.
Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dolini
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Dolini
I usually set the stage (no pun intended) if I am worried someone will touch me or my props. I tell my audience Please do not touch the magician or his props. I find touching occurs (as many of you have stated) when I preform for people I know or relatives. But if I set the stage properly I usually don't experience this problem.

Dolini Smile
John O'Shea Dolan
johnosheadolan@hotmail.com
Dolini
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Dolini
Jax,
Another way to say the same thing is "Your not an expert unless you are at least 100 miles from home with a brief case."

dpe666.
"A prophet is not known in his own land." sounds like it came from the Bible.

Dolini Smile
John O'Shea Dolan
johnosheadolan@hotmail.com
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2002-08-02 16:02, fstarsinic wrote:

the m&m's would melt and probably boil.

No, they wouldn't! M&M's melt in your mouth, not in your cans!
Smile
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
>>>No, they wouldn't! M&M's melt in your mouth, not in your cans!<<<

BAHAHAHAHAH
Jay Buchanan
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I had an interesting thing happen in the shop today. A really obnoxious kid asked to see a nail bending effect called, Super Nail. I took it out of the case, and before I knew it the little **** grabbed it out of my hand, and said, "Will it go through my hand?". I grabbed it back and said, "Yes, and if you touch my props again I will prove it to you!" The brat's mom, aunt, nanny, or whatever she was BURST out laughing. I think that most people like to see the "pain-in-the-butt" spectator put into their place. Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
You should have proved it anyway. Lol. I mean, eh, Children are good?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Dolini writes: " 'A prophet is not known in his own land,' sounds like it came from the Bible."

It did. Actually the quote -- from Matthew, 13:57 -- is: "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country."

Roughly translated, it means strangers may listen to you but the folks back home wonder what the fuss is all about.

And that's an attitude very familiar to convention performers and lecturers! Smile

cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
A few years ago I was doing a linking ring routine with 4 inch rings in a strolling situation and a girl grabbed at a ring, saying "let me look at that", so I hit her over the knuckles with it and said: "oops, I'm sorry!" It worked because I made it seem that she accidently got whacked because she got too close. But then again, we don't have suing in this country, so that helps!

Cheers,
Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » How to handle "grabby" spectators? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL