The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Darkwave ESP by Adam Cooper (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
AdamCooper
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of AdamCooper
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2020, NeilS wrote:
I think the idea behind these cards is great but not the chosen words and images. I hope a newly designed set will one day be released - perhaps a Lightwave ESP.

Watch this space 👍
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2020, AdamCooper wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2020, NeilS wrote:
I think the idea behind these cards is great but not the chosen words and images. I hope a newly designed set will one day be released - perhaps a Lightwave ESP.

Watch this space 👍

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I like the sound of what I'm hearing!

There's no doubt this kit is a very powerful tool, and having the same tool in a `lighter' skin would definitely open up the possibilities for a lot of people who find that the `darker' kit doesn't really fit their style, and yet would welcome being able to do some of the ESP style effects possible with this.
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
89 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
Would be a good idea to release a "G-rated" or lighter version of the ESP cards. The system is so powerful - it would be a pity if it were only available to the dark side.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
698 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Magicorthodoxy flashed an early review copy of lightwave in his members section the other day. Super psyched for this. Be great if you can mix and match across the two sets. I hope lightwave is available at a discount to purchaser of darkwave though - after all, we've already paid once for the DVD and tuition.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
My only issue with these is that they don't spread well. Fanning results in chunks of cards feeling sticky. Mine are even hard to deal off one card at a time from the top without chunks of cards coming off.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Good news!

Big Blind Media has now released the Lightwave ESP Kit. This is a new version that has all the great features of the original Darkwave ESP Kit, but without the darker gothic themes.

Product page: https://bigblindmedia.com/products/light......m-cooper

Trailer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhCfAdMqc8o

Ad copy: "The Lightwave ESP Deck is a brand new version of the best selling Darkwave ESP Deck released in 2020 by Bigblindmedia. Redesigned with a less extreme style, this brighter iteration of the deck looks both modern and versatile, meaning it can be employed in all kinds of performing environments.

Like the Darkwave, the Lightwave ESP Deck uses Adam Cooper’s ingenious system with each ESP Card featuring THREE bits of information - an ESP symbol, a word and an image! And hidden away (in plain sight) on the back of each card is a brilliantly camouflaged marking system. This will allow you, in a fraction of a second, to divine both the symbol printed on the card and it’s colour. But that’s only the beginning… armed with this knowledge you can then employ Adam’s devious secondary system to go on to reveal both the word AND the picture. Each phase is more impossible than the last, and it’s all made possible with one quick glance.

These extra features allow for a huge amount of effect to be wrung from just a single selection. This is an entire act squeezed into one special deck.
"
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Darkwave ESP attracted some great reviews and comments when released. Given that these cards have been out for some time now, does anyone still use these cards or Is able to comment further on the cards? Thanks
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I did just post a detailed review of the Lightwave ESP Kit, Neil.

Pretty much everything I wrote there applies equally to the Darkwave ESP Kit. The only difference is really the choice of artwork/words for the cards, to cater to those who prefer not to have something as darkly themed as the original.

So check out that review for more thoughts and reflections on these ESP cards:

Review: Lightwave ESP Kit by Adam Cooper

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Darkwave ESP by Adam Cooper (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL