We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ***NEW*** Silver Edge 2 by Kim Andersen feat. Geraint Clarke (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Hey all,

Super excited about this: https://www.ellusionist.com/silver-edge-2.html

Anyone who's seen me perform in the last 2 years has seen me perform with Silver Edge coins. They're always on me (stored in my quiver coin holder).

I became obsessed with this relatively undiscovered utility and began to experiment with my own routines and concepts. Using them in different ways.

When I heard Kim was doing a second volume, I forced my way onto the project.

Hope you like it. Here to answer any questions.

- G
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
848 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Hey Geraint, only question I have is - does Silver Edge 2 come with (or require) additional coins than the two gimmicked magnetic and three regular Kennedy half dollars included in Silver Edge 1?

The product page for SE2 doesn’t describe what coins are included in the full package (like SE1 does). Or what additional coins are required for all of the routines included; saw some other coins on the trailer. Thanksss.
a40ntistos
View Profile
New user
Greece
45 Posts

Profile of a40ntistos
Is any routine that can be done with ordinary coins?
A Quitter Never Wins And A Winner Never Quits
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2020, scott0819 wrote:
Hey Geraint, only question I have is - does Silver Edge 2 come with (or require) additional coins than the two gimmicked magnetic and three regular Kennedy half dollars included in Silver Edge 1?

The product page for SE2 doesn’t describe what coins are included in the full package (like SE1 does). Or what additional coins are required for all of the routines included; saw some other coins on the trailer. Thanksss.

Hey Scott,

Silver Edge 2 (if bought with coins) comes with the exact same coins as Silver Edge 1. You don't need any more of them to achieve the routines in Silver Edge 2, if you already own the coins from before.

The only other 'special' coin you need a steel core/ferromagetic coin (like a 2p or Pirate coin) for 'The Sound Of Fear' which is a 3 coin routine that just uses 1 coin.

Hope that helps mate,

- G
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2020, a40ntistos wrote:
Is any routine that can be done with ordinary coins?

Yes. Two of them.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The balance and coin jump effects are awesome, and I assume use the unique properties of the coins. Shame they’re foreign as I wouldn’t use them in the U.K.

Are the Chinese coins shown in the demo provided too, and if so are they mag@@@@@?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2020, pegasus wrote:
The balance and coin jump effects are awesome, and I assume use the unique properties of the coins. Shame they’re foreign as I wouldn’t use them in the U.K.

Are the Chinese coins shown in the demo provided too, and if so are they mag@@@@@?

I live in the UK and nobody has ever found it weird that I'm using US half dollars. I just say "These are American half dollars, they have an eagle on the back and JFK on front - check them out" - As I give them 2 of 3 coins to inspect. (3 of 3 if I'm performing for 3 or more people)

The Chinese coins aren't supplied, but it's a kicker ending, it could be ANY three coins that you change your Silver Edge coins into. Smile

Cheers,

- G
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
Hi Geraint. Is this easy enough for a beginner? Not a kid but someone with a full time job that just loves doing easy magic effects for family and friends. Thanks.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I just don’t feel comfortable using US coinage. I’m sure Americans wouldn’t use 50p’s either.
a40ntistos
View Profile
New user
Greece
45 Posts

Profile of a40ntistos
Hey, guys again Smile apologies if my question is too silly... But the coins you get from ellusionist is magnetic coins like you can buy from eBay, or they are different?
mantel
View Profile
Special user
677 Posts

Profile of mantel
Last time Silver Edge was released Ellusionist's supplier for the coins was Kreis Magic. Kreis Magic coins can be purchased elsewhere, like say Penguin.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
848 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2020, a40ntistos wrote:
Hey, guys again Smile apologies if my question is too silly... But the coins you get from ellusionist is magnetic coins like you can buy from eBay, or they are different?

The coins you get from Ellusionist are manufactured by Kreis and are super strong. It is highly likely that other magnetic coins from eBay or other suppliers will not be as strong.
a40ntistos
View Profile
New user
Greece
45 Posts

Profile of a40ntistos
Thanks a lot guys for your responses! Do you think/know if I can find them in a European dealer? Because if I buy them from Ellusionist the customs will be very expensive..
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2020, a40ntistos wrote:
Thanks a lot guys for your responses! Do you think/know if I can find them in a European dealer? Because if I buy them from Ellusionist the customs will be very expensive..

Yes. Pegani sells the coins (Denmark) and you can buy the download on it's own from us.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Geraint, is it possible to produce these coins in Sterling? 2 pound coins for instance?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Geraint, is it possible to produce these coins in Sterling? 2 pound coins for instance?

It's not possible mate. The £2 coins (as you know) are two different metals put together. So they can't be machined in a single piece like normal coins. (To put magnets in)

No other coin in the UK is big enough (and thick enough) to fit such powerful magnets in.

Kreis used to make them with old £1 coins, but they're too small to do the moves efficiently.

I know it doesn't suit everyone to use foreign coins, but I can say with years of performances under my belt with these .... nobody has ever assumed they're anything other than normal. So it works for me.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thanks and understood. I’m nearly convinced.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Are these the same as crafty power by kreis magic ? Regards Gaz 🙂
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Are these the same as crafty power by kreis magic ? Regards Gaz 🙂

Not sure what crafty power is... but these coins are made by Kreis magic. Mr Kengo to be precise.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
848 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I liked Silver Edge 1 quite a bit but definitely felt like they only scratched the surface of what is possible with this gimmick. There was also some criticism that there were some knacky and/or difficult moves that leaned more to the intermediate/advanced level (definitely Neon Coins). I think those are all fair comments. Kim gave you 3 solid routines (and some bonus moves) and you were then left on your own to play with these gaff coins, modifying the routines to suit your style (and skill level), and to see what else you could come up with.

If you’ve continued to play/perform with these gimmicks over the past year then I think Silver Edge 2 is a must-purchase. There is MUCH MORE on this second project and it feels like Kim and Geraint have responded to feedback from the first project.

First, there are routines for all skill levels here (Geraint’s ‘Easy Neon Coins’ is great). Second, there is much more variety in the effects. In addition to some excellent production/vanish and coins across effects, there is a great casual effect performed on your leg while sitting (Three Dollar Lap Dance) that ends with the dollars turning into Chinese coins (sold separately), there is work using the coins in conjunction with a butter knife, a solid-thru-solid bit with a cup, and a very cool balancing effect. There are routines that show how to combine this with Patrick Kun’s Timeline (nod to Ben Earl’s Pocket Time Machine) and Meir Yedid’s Finger Fantasies. And also some brilliant click passes, fun ways to use the negative polarity of the coins, and hold-out ideas that seem a bit more useful than the Social Media bonus moves taught in SE1.

Yes, the whole package is not cheap but a big part of that is the cost of the excellent gaffs from Kreis Magic that run for about $40 each elsewhere. In the past I’ve used shells, flipper coins, an OXF set but I just find them too fragile. Best part about this type of gaff is that they can be examined (separately), are super durable, they have no moving parts, or rubber bands that wear out over time, ZERO MAINTENENCE. It’s for this exact reason, my go-to coin gaffs are my trusty C/S, Coin Coalition, and Silver Edge.

No doubt there is somewhat of a learning curve with getting used to handling them as normal coins but it’s worth it. If you are into coin magic and don’t mind using the occasional gaff, Silver Edge 2 is highly recommended.

(BTW, I still think Silver Edge 1 is worth getting for the ‘Imagination Coins’-like effect, ‘Coin Kreisis’. That was a highlight for me and the only one from SE1 I perform exactly as taught.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ***NEW*** Silver Edge 2 by Kim Andersen feat. Geraint Clarke (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL