The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ***NEW*** Silver Edge 2 by Kim Andersen feat. Geraint Clarke (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1354 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Question: these coins are fairly strong, should we be worried about erasing credit cards, etc? Do you keep them alone in a pocket?

Just wonder if I'll be stupid (I will) and take them out at the end of the day and drop them on the stuff in my other pockets, like my wallet and so on. Or near my laptop without thinking.

Just didn't know if there's a way to "shield" them of sorts. Any thoughts from you guys who have used these a long time?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
No way to shield this invisible magical force at all, so be careful with your credit cards
im going to have to get this once my bills are paid, the dirty pigeons really sold it to me, no joke Smile
Geraint, are the £2 strong coins we can get in the UK definately no good for this?
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
826 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Just didn't know if there's a way to "shield" them of sorts. Any thoughts from you guys who have used these a long time?

When I’m wearing jeans, I just carry the coins in the small front right “change pocket” to keep them separate from my wallet. Khakis or dress pants usually have a similar pocket. No issues.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Question: these coins are fairly strong, should we be worried about erasing credit cards, etc? Do you keep them alone in a pocket?

Just wonder if I'll be stupid (I will) and take them out at the end of the day and drop them on the stuff in my other pockets, like my wallet and so on. Or near my laptop without thinking.

Yes, definitely keep them away from credit cards. They're SUPER strong and will definitely affect that.

I keep them in my back pocket in a quiver coin holder, completely separate to my phone or wallet.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2020, catweazle wrote:
No way to shield this invisible magical force at all, so be careful with your credit cards
im going to have to get this once my bills are paid, the dirty pigeons really sold it to me, no joke Smile
Geraint, are the £2 strong coins we can get in the UK definately no good for this?

Kreis doesn't make the super strong magnetic coins in £2 variations, so if you see them, they're not suitable.

We've tested so many coins. Even Roy Kueppers (who is a master) sent me his coins that were 'exactly the same' and they were not as powerful.

I tested this by placing individual cards in between until the magnet would no longer stick, before we launched Silver Edge 1.

Kreis' coins are far superior to anything else on the market.

- G
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Thank you sir!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4675 Posts

Profile of videoman
Will magnets affect the chips on credit cards, or only the magnetic strips?
Do they still even have magnetic strips?
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
826 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Card chips can’t be demagnetized.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8265 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2020, scott0819 wrote:

Meaning they’re magnetized?
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
826 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

No, meaning your banking info is not saved on a magnetized anything, it’s saved on a tiny microchip. Can be damaged by prolonged exposure to water (corrosion) or a nasty scratch (physical damage) but not magnets apparently.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2131 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Got them both - my 2 cents - buy S E 2 first

my review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1X5tBx8bMk
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
826 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Great balanced review, David.

VERY excited about coin magic week on your channel!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8265 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, meaning your banking info is not saved on a magnetized anything, it’s saved on a tiny microchip. Can be damaged by prolonged exposure to water (corrosion) or a nasty scratch (physical damage) but not magnets apparently.

So you meant to imply that chips cannot be magnetised, as opposed to de...
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
826 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you meant to imply that chips cannot be magnetised, as opposed to de...

You're really focused on this, Peg. I meant to imply that magnets will not damage the chip on your card. Sorry for any confusion, bud.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ***NEW*** Silver Edge 2 by Kim Andersen feat. Geraint Clarke (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL