The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Script Clip (3D Printed Swami) (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
I can sum up my initial impressions in a word. Wow!
I slipped on the traditional Swami style and was able to immediately write full words..clearly.
No slippage, no fighting it on and off.
In a bit I plan on trying out the other designs. But, I would have been perfectly thrilled with just the basic design. The other designs are extras I'm happy to have and experiment with of course though. Who knows, maybe I'll end up preferring those.
I received two tiny (about an 1 1/2" ish long by about 3/4" wide) sliding black tins. One has all of your extra lead etc., the other holds 6 writers.
I've tried almost every writer out, but never stuck with one. That's changed now I'm sure. I'm a regular user of Motta's Blackmail. I've used it daily for years. This mimics the same handling, so feels amazingly intuitive. If you've tried others but they weren't what you wanted/expected, try these! I am so pleased with this product, (and Wesley in general tbh) that I'm surprised myself.Again, I've spent hundreds on Sharpie writers, ink writers, bands, boons, tt's, glue and lead even lol..but this is happily ending my hunt for now.
Ok, there ya go. Your mileage may vary, but I kind of doubt it.
Good luck folks.

10/10
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
Two minute later update;

The off center design allows for laying your thumb a bit flatter. Might even be a bit more stable as the lead runs along side the finger a bit. I will definitely give this design a chance. It may end up being preferred, but still to early to say.

-Theodore Annemann
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2020, 252life wrote:
I can sum up my initial impressions in a word. Wow!
I slipped on the traditional Swami style and was able to immediately write full words..clearly.
No slippage, no fighting it on and off.
In a bit I plan on trying out the other designs. But, I would have been perfectly thrilled with just the basic design. The other designs are extras I'm happy to have and experiment with of course though. Who knows, maybe I'll end up preferring those.
I received two tiny (about an 1 1/2" ish long by about 3/4" wide) sliding black tins. One has all of your extra lead etc., the other holds 6 writers.
I've tried almost every writer out, but never stuck with one. That's changed now I'm sure. I'm a regular user of Motta's Blackmail. I've used it daily for years. This mimics the same handling, so feels amazingly intuitive. If you've tried others but they weren't what you wanted/expected, try these! I am so pleased with this product, (and Wesley in general tbh) that I'm surprised myself.Again, I've spent hundreds on Sharpie writers, ink writers, bands, boons, tt's, glue and lead even lol..but this is happily ending my hunt for now.
Ok, there ya go. Your mileage may vary, but I kind of doubt it.
Good luck folks.

10/10

Wow I’m so happy you are diggin them, I was just tired of what was available and figured I had to try!
Home of the first Resin 3d printed nail writer!
Free Shipping Worldwide
https://www.meticulousmagic.com/
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
Get tired of more stuff lol

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1859 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Your enthusiasm cheered me up, 252. Great to hear you’re digging this. Might also give it a shot. I received David Thiel’s book on nailwriting which he kindly offered to the community, but I’ve never used a Swami yet and don’t own one. David recommends the retractible thumb-tip style ones. Have you tried those as well?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Your enthusiasm cheered me up, 252. Great to hear you’re digging this. Might also give it a shot. I received David Thiel’s book on nailwriting which he kindly offered to the community, but I’ve never used a Swami yet and don’t own one. David recommends the retractible thumb-tip style ones. Have you tried those as well?

If I cheered you up then the writers were a free extra lol.
There’s not much I can find wrong with these. Not saying anything at all is perfect, but these hit a sweet spot for me.
These checked (literally) the fun box.
But, they are small and won’t be as easily found if dropped in your pocket like a TT, boon etc.
These and Blackmail envelopes are holding the top spots for me atm.
I doubt I’ll stop carrying Blackmail, it’s become a good and easy habit and is completely self contained.
I’m playing around with keeping a set in the bottom corners of the bill compartment in (one of lol) my wallets.
Lots and lots and lots of free room in that compartment lately Smile

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1859 Posts

Smile yeah I know what you’re talking about...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:lol: yeah I know what you’re talking about...

Thank god I don’t do money magic.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1859 Posts

I had to spend my Lassen coins on toilet paper...
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I had to spend my Lassen coins on toilet paper...

oof. That sucks and hopefully you are kidding
Free Shipping Worldwide
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1859 Posts

I am. But thanks for your compassion.
Fierita
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Fierita
Just ordered thru your webpage, mi zipcode is 28010

thanks
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3560 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Me too, but it may be a long wait on mail to Australia.
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
I would like to go on here to apologize to everyone who ordered in the last month or so. I have been absent and I could give you an excuse, however i’d rather explain that I am sorry and all orders placed will be shipped today. I am currently printing everyone’s orders (W/ Extras for the inconvenience) I wanted to make sure that I was transparent about my shortcomings, this in no way is an example of how I do business I will do better from now on, thank you all for understanding.
Free Shipping Worldwide
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
Your reputation and customer service are already great in my experience and that just raised it even more.

-Theodore Annemann
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, 252life wrote:
Your reputation and customer service are already great in my experience and that just raised it even more.

I honestly appreciate the kind words, So sorry to everyone.
Free Shipping Worldwide
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2506 Posts

Profile of 252life
People appreciate being updated and understand

-Theodore Annemann
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, 252life wrote:
People appreciate being updated and understand

I figured it was better if I was just honest. All orders are printed/packed/shipped!
Free Shipping Worldwide
Sanukk
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Sanukk
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, Wesley5n1p35 wrote:
I would like to go on here to apologize to everyone who ordered in the last month or so. I have been absent and I could give you an excuse, however i’d rather explain that I am sorry and all orders placed will be shipped today. I am currently printing everyone’s orders (W/ Extras for the inconvenience) I wanted to make sure that I was transparent about my shortcomings, this in no way is an example of how I do business I will do better from now on, thank you all for understanding.

It's not good to miss things, but it's how you deal with those slips that show who you are and if you are worth doing business with, in this case I think you've proven yourself to be trustworthy and a good person to deal with.
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2020, Sanukk wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, Wesley5n1p35 wrote:

It's not good to miss things, but it's how you deal with those slips that show who you are and if you are worth doing business with, in this case I think you've proven yourself to be trustworthy and a good person to deal with.

I appreciate how understanding everyone has been over this, even through these tough times, humanity prevails.
Free Shipping Worldwide
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Script Clip (3D Printed Swami) (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL