The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Stratosphere - Ideas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Does anyone have any cool routines scripts for this effect?

I do kids shows and trying to gather ideas.

Thank you.

MagicJac
Miami, Fl
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Sammy Smith has a great kid-friendly routine called Ball Brothers' Traveling Circus in his book, Big Laughs for Little People. It’s a really fun routine!

https://www.spsmagic.com/products/big-la......e-people

P.S. The other stuff in this book is wonderful too.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I really like the routine from Practical Magic's site. In fact, I purchased their Stratosphere Deluxe simply because I wanted to use their routine. The prop, by the way, is a great solid piece and worth the price over the standard metal and joker box (the box I never used anyway.)
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
If you use the U.F. Grant/MAK Magic similarly sized props (Strat-O-Spheres & Crystal Silk Cylinder) you can combine these elements so your audience sees just one cover and one one clear tube; this enables you to perform a silk dying effect--three white silks to three colored silks-- change the 3 colored silks into three colored balls and then go into your regular Strat-O-Spheres routine.

Julie
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
In my school shows, when I did Strat-O-Spheres (I'm retired now), I patter about following directions, pointing out that the red ball has a problem following directions--namely to stay at the top of the tube. At the end, instead of using the box that comes with the trick to vanish the red ball, I end the routine by putting the red ball back into my prop/suitcase, telling it: "You can come back when you're ready to follow directions!" When the red ball _does_ reappear, I tell the kids: "You know why he came back? Because he's ready to follow directions." So I simply put the the three balls into the covered tube in the right order. When I lift the cover, the three balls are in proper order, and I tell the kids "Give the red ball a big hand for following directions." Surprisingly, the kids applaud enthusiastically for the red ball following directions.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
4 effects I've done through the 50's - 80's==just the basics, with YOUR imagination, YOU should know -WHATs WHAT===#1-'The Three Pigs', using the 20th Century silks-and 2 Vol. The Wolf keeps chasing the multi colored silk, it vanishes . The silks are of course the 3 pigs (1st vol. is the wolf), Pig-(multi color), keeps running around until vanishes -when 1st vol. says-WOLF WOLF and is found where they hid in 2nd Vol hand with tails tied together.-- #2- "Alice in Wonderland",- Die Box (Rabbets House) Die (rabbets Toy) - Mad Hatter (?) lives in the HAT - steals Rabbets toy, (that rabbet left out side -top of box))-takes toy to his Hat -rabbet finds it, and takes it(shell) home- Momma Rabbets says - 'put it away, in your room' - Mad Hatter steals it again.Sucker effect - then, Found -in his Hat again, -#3- Spot card- "want to see a picture of my Pet Spot " and his 3 sisters -4 brothers - 6 cousins.. etc.-- -#4, 'Coin Pail" "I have a Magic Wishing Well at home - this is its bucket- gather wishes (coins) That will be $400.please, L-O-L
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Silly Billy's last book that is a compilation of over 100 routines has one that is a Christmas themed. It talks about Rudolph and racing with two other reindeers.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
MagicJac

You can find a nice routine on Danny Orleans DVDs

https://www.amazekids.com/videos/art-of-......ownload/

You will get so much more than a great stratosphere routine. You learn how to be entertaining.
And isn't that what its all about.

Best of luck

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Awesome guys thanks so much !!! Feels great to get so much help from all the fellow magicians here !!

MagicJac
Miami, Fl
Marduk
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
105 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Please, can anyone let me know who invented the Stat o Spheres trick? Was UF Grant??
Thanks a lot!
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2020, Marduk wrote:
Please, can anyone let me know who invented the Strat o Spheres trick? Was it UF Grant??
Thanks a lot!

Yes, U.F. Grant invented Strat-O-Spheres. First marketed in 1962.

Click here to view attached image.
mfmz
View Profile
New user
Villa Rica, GA
6 Posts

Profile of mfmz
If you can find a copy of this book, "MAGIC OF THE WORLD" by John Mulholland, he has routine in there called "Der Rote Geist" which is German for the Red Ghost. The routine uses a cardboard tube and round blocks of wood instead of the Strat-O-Spheres balls. He explains how a magician in Vienna told a story about a ghost's ability to go through walls, locked doors, and every other kind of barrier. On the final demonstration, I put the red ball in the box, which I really don't like - will probably switch to a devil's hank.. I have the kids say BOO as loud as they can to scare the ghost. When the box is opened, a 12" silk flutters out. Hmmmm...You guys did not say BOO loud enough, let's try it again. 12" silk vanished via TT. Red ball reappears in Strat-O-Spheres tube. I am in the process of making the props as described in the book so it "Packs Flat and Plays Big". Be sure to put a thin piece of foam or a think piece of indoor/outdoor carpet in the box so the ball does not make a noise when it is dropped in.
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, stempleton wrote:
I really like the routine from Practical Magic's site. In fact, I purchased their Stratosphere Deluxe simply because I wanted to use their routine. The prop, by the way, is a great solid piece and worth the price over the standard metal and joker box (the box I never used anyway.)

That one looks pretty darned good!
His face isn't really this long in-person!
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL