The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thomas Baxter (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sh9bum9
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Sh9bum9
Condolences to you. I recently lost my mentor, Jack Evans. All we can do is remember the joy they gave us.
Decisions determine destiny. Thomas S. Monson
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
Thanks Ben for the kind words about Tom.

Tom was a good friend and mentor. I met him in 1994 and got together with him often. He moved to the other side of Canada around 2015 and although I haven't seen him since 2017, we regularly stayed in touch right up until the end.

He had a profound love and respect for the art, could do the work, and had a breadth and depth of knowledge. He put some of his knowledge in books and they are all worth taking a look at. I helped with the editing and sometimes photos for his books and so he always sent me digital copies. I just went through my ebooks and counted 8 books/manuscripts by Tom. This does not include all of the other material he published elsewhere (The Trapdoor, Antimony, etc.). He put out a lot of work. I always told him to put everything he's put out into a 'Collected Works'. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

In addition to writing he could perform. Stage, close up, mentalism, you name it. If you read "A Card Merely Thought of...." understand that he could do those techniques consistently and flawlessly. He was a master at 'thought of' card effects. He consulted as a magician to both stage and film. He produced a great 1 hr television show in Canada back in the 90's called, coincidently, the Magic of Canada and its on-line if you want to take a look. Again, he did a lot of great work.

All this to say that we lost someone very kind, humble, special, and yes classy.

I miss him very much. Condolences to Wenda and his family. RIP Tom.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I got to see "A Dianoetic Rage" in person!
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
609 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I never met him, but I am grateful to Tom for doing the Open Prediction project. It brought together for a while those of us frequenting this branch of the Magic Café. Or at least I felt that it did.

I wish I could have seen A Dianoetic Rage. I have to express admiration that Tom could keep a secret to himself, unlike so many of us.

RIP Tom.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
dj
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of dj
Magic of Canada television show:
https://youtu.be/_nm1n2vOiZI
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4639 Posts

Profile of Sixten
THANK YOU, Mr. Darko! Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12378 Posts

Profile of John C
Wow jay sankey had hair.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
WOW -- I haven't been on this site for some time now ... and this is the first thing that I read. I am so sorry to hear this. He was such a wonderful person; he will be sorely missed.

Please relay my condolences to his family and of course to all his friends
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1625 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Tom and I got to be good friends. We had many conversations on many of his effects that he was working on. He was the advisor for the documentary (Grand Illusions) for the entire series. Tom recommended me for that special.
A fabulous performer and every effect he did was a miracle.
A very kind, generous and giving person, always offering help to anyone in the business.
Another great one is gone. You will be missed.
Tricky Ricky
vincentmusician
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
192 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
When I got started in Magic, Tom was the first Magician I saw Lecture. His Magic and Ideas were amazing to me. He was always open to sharing advice to me.
He also helped me a great deal and I remember him asking me to perform a Card routine I learned from him.
He was always pleasant and easy going and I am very glad I met him.
When he lectured at the Hat and Rabbit Club in Toronto, I had not see him in a long time. He spotted me in the audience and right away walked straight up to me and shook my hand.
I consider myself lucky to have met him and will always remember his kindness and Wonderful Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thomas Baxter (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL