The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » New Book on Restaurant & Bar Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Hallo Magi!
I have been doing Restaurant & Bar Magic for past 7 years and that’s how I got into Magic and got into it full time as a reliable source of income. I have traveled to various parts and even did Restaurants in Cruise ship with the same.

I am thinking of writing my experience and learning of the same.

How many of You would be interested in a book like this? This book with take You from zero to making thousands of dollars a year. You can do this as a side hustle or full time and still make enough money as add on or enough money to sustain Yourself with a decent pay and life.

If I can guarantee You that You will make 100 times the money You buy this book for in 1 year or less of used correctly, how much would You be ready to pay for it?

Thanks in advance!

All of Your inputs would be greatly appreciated and will help me further write the book.

- Y
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
7 years is not really that much experience. Sorry.

Most of the questions guys have get answered here by guys working with 30 plus years experience.

So the value of an entry level book written from the perspective of a relatively new performer is not much more than $5.00.

Michael O'brien comes in here regularly with some amazing things and is very free with his knowledge. Many do. Just the sticky topic at the beginning of this section has a ton of information in it as well. The information you are offering is all here, live with feedback and live help that guys like Michael (And LOTS OF OTHERS like Davidpaul$.) offer.

Look around here in this section and see what is readily available. You might be surprised.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Danny!
Thank You for the reply! Sure, Your words are something worth considering but there has been a void in what most of us pass the information which I’m trying to fill.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
320 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I don't know that there is much of a void. In addition to the resources Danny mentioned, there are already several classic books on just this subject by some of the most seasoned performers in the business. That doesn't mean no one has anything new to offer, just a question of how much additional value there is.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hello Yash,

Would you care to elaborate on the contents of your possible book?
As was mentioned there is already a lot of information in book and dvd formats.You may have new concepts or fresh ideas that would be valuable.You make some excited claims in your OP but it would be helpful to list a few. What country are you from and do you think your concepts would work in other geographical areas?

Good luck on your venture.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2020, GlennLawrence wrote:
I don't know that there is much of a void. In addition to the resources Danny mentioned, there are already several classic books on just this subject by some of the most seasoned performers in the business. That doesn't mean no one has anything new to offer, just a question of how much additional value there is.

Glenn, thank You for Your input. Yes, there is indeed something new I have to offer. The idea behind the book would be to simplify stuff. I had to go the hard way and reach where I have reached and made numerous mistakes. It’s is about what I have learnt along the way and how I can help You. When You apply stuff as I mention in the book, it would guarantee You a return of at least 10,000%. This is the minimum return & I would obviously offer 100% money back if You find its not worth its value. Smile

Now You know how confident I am that it is going to help us all and it is something all of us need. ✨
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2020, davidpaul$ wrote:
Hello Yash,

Would you care to elaborate on the contents of your possible book?
As was mentioned there is already a lot of information in book and dvd formats.You may have new concepts or fresh ideas that would be valuable.You make some excited claims in your OP but it would be helpful to list a few. What country are you from and do you think your concepts would work in other geographical areas?

Good luck on your venture.

David, I appreciate Your curiosity & I agree there is a lot on this topic available at the moment however I think a lot of it is too long to study. I have compiled the mistakes that I made and the successes. The reasons behind both and how to ensure minimum mistakes & maximum success.

Some of the contents would be- Why restaurant Magic? Why monetise Magic? ‘magic’ or ‘Magic’? How to get restaurant gigs? How to work for 8-10 hours a week and make thousands of dollars. There would be over 100 pieces of entertainment (see, I don’t say ‘tricks’) which are tried and tested over the years, (some of them by other creators won’t have explanations but would be referred to the source) and some Theory part about being an Entertainer.

I am sure it is going to be a great read for all. Though the entertainment pieces would be mostly aimed at people who are yet to monetise their Magic, the theory would be interesting for all of us. Or even if You are a pro and would like to add a secure income to Your wallet, this book is absolutely for You!

Let me know what else You would like me to discuss. Smile)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did you join this forum just to pitch this book?

ALL the things you list have been done before, many times by people with decades of experience.

ALL the things you mentioned are available here on this very forum for free. As a matter of fact the sticky topic at the start of this section puts them in pretty short order.

The idea of calling them "entertainment pieces" is simply nothing new.

Are they 100 "entertainment pieces" that you have 100% original content for?

Also if you want "theory" of being a close up performer Mike Close wrote a FANTASTIC series called "Workers" in which some of the essays are just the best ever.

Again this has all been covered in the literature, and done from guys with much more experience.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:

ALL the things you list have been done before, many times by people with decades of experience.

ALL the things you mentioned are available here on this very forum for free. As a matter of fact the sticky topic at the start of this section puts them in pretty short order.

Also if you want "theory" of being a close up performer Mike Close wrote a FANTASTIC series called "Workers" in which some of the essays are just the best ever.

Again this has all been covered in the literature, and done from guys with much more experience.

Hallo Danny!
Thank You for writing back.

I think there’s way more interesting and important stuff for me on the Café than just pitch for my book. I am sure You would agree with me too. Smile)

Also, I never mentioned that I am the first person to use the term ‘Entertainment Pieces’ and You are obviously right about the fact that there are others who have used it before.

About the originality part, nope, I have referred to effects and recommended. I would never like to explain somebody else’s stuff like most of us here.

And finally the essays, I find it interesting how You approach things like everything has been done before and there couldn’t be anything new.

I appreciate You taking the time and writing Your opinion on this.

Thanks mate. Smile
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Yash. Write the book. Sounds like you’ve got it outlined. While there are other books and resources out there you might find a niche, or an approach novel enough to gain some sales. From your website I assume you’re in India? Most books I’ve seen focus on US market. Perhaps focus on India, or Asian, markets. I’m sure there are cultural customs there that wold make things different that US or Europe.

I applaud your commitment to listing others effects, giving them credit, and not exposing their material. If you publish in e-book format, you could provide links to their sites. A
So, if you publish ebook, that may be another selling point for your book.

There’s a great website, and blog, about writing on the side:

https://www.writerontheside.com/

Bottom line: just do it
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2020, Yash Pataskar wrote:
Quote:

Hallo Danny!

I think there’s way more interesting and important stuff for me on the Café than just pitch for my book. I am sure You would agree with me too. Smile)

Also, I never mentioned that I am the first person to use the term ‘Entertainment Pieces’ and You are obviously right about the fact that there are others who have used it before.

About the originality part, nope, I have referred to effects and recommended. I would never like to explain somebody else’s stuff like most of us here.

And finally the essays, I find it interesting how You approach things like everything has been done before and there couldn’t be anything new.

Thanks mate. Smile

My worry is that you tip the work of others. Not a cool thing. You said you have 100 entertainment pieces. Is this to mean they are explained or just suggested as something that could be done?

I approach THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED as if they have been done before, not everything. The things you mentioned have been done over and over and quite well.

Writing a book is a huge responsibility when done correctly, and you seem to be approaching it that way. Nice to see.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
I'll give ya $5 - $10
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2020, imgic wrote:
Yash. Write the book. Sounds like you’ve got it outlined. While there are other books and resources out there you might find a niche, or an approach novel enough to gain some sales. From your website I assume you’re in India? Most books I’ve seen focus on US market. Perhaps focus on India, or Asian, markets. I’m sure there are cultural customs there that wold make things different that US or Europe.

I applaud your commitment to listing others effects, giving them credit, and not exposing their material. If you publish in e-book format, you could provide links to their sites. A
So, if you publish ebook, that may be another selling point for your book.

There’s a great website, and blog, about writing on the side:

https://www.writerontheside.com/

Bottom line: just do it

imgic, Thank You! Yes, I am just done with the book and I think it has come out quite well.

I will surely read the one You suggested on kindle which will help me further, maybe with the next one or when I decide to edit this into something better.

I really appreciate You going to my website and finding out more information. Yes, I have my way of getting started over here in India where nobody had ever imagined hiring a Magician in restaurant & how I went from 0 to 8 gigs every week in 180 days!

As a matter of fact I am offering a part of this book as gift to everybody. Smile)

I’ll attach the link in my next post.

Thank You again for the kind words. ✨
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2020, Yash Pataskar wrote:
Quote:

Hallo Danny!

Thanks mate. Smile

My worry is that you tip the work of others. Not a cool thing. You said you have 100 entertainment pieces. Is this to mean they are explained or just suggested as something that could be done?

I approach THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED as if they have been done before, not everything. The things you mentioned have been done over and over and quite well.

Writing a book is a huge responsibility when done correctly, and you seem to be approaching it that way. Nice to see.

Dear Danny,
I am glad You find it nice to see & that You think I could be approaching it correctly. It gives me pleasure to read this from someone from the Eternal Order.

Out of the 100 entertainment pieces, about half of them are suggested and directed where one can buy/learn them. The half with my handlings and contributions is explained. There’s a list of books and DVDs for referenced and recommendations on sleights & techniques.

There’s a little theory & philosophy on getting great reactions.

As I said in my earlier post, I’ll attach the link to the Gift for all of us so we get a flavour of it and then make the purchase. Smile

Let’s keep the Magic alive. ✨
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2020, snm wrote:
I'll give ya $5 - $10

Thanks for Your Input, snm!

I have priced it exactly what You suggested, at $10.

From people who have already bought it, I have gotten feedback it can easily go for 20-25.

But the idea behind this book is the help people & not make money for myself so keeping a generous price.

Enjoy You read and I am sure You will love it! ✨
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Dear Magi,
Click here to download the Gift. It is the introductory part of the book and I am sure You will enjoy the read. Smile

If You can of access the link somehow, I’m posting it here again-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJvO-gX......drivesdk

Do let me know over Private Message how You find it and if You would be interested in reading the full book.

Thank You everybody. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Um by your handling what do you mean? Do you have permission from the originator to publish their work?

If not you may find a bit of trouble if you proceed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Yash,

Read intro and send you PM. Nice start, but you've some work to do if you want something really worthwhile.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2020, imgic wrote:
Yash,

Read intro and send you PM. Nice start, but you've some work to do if you want something really worthwhile.

Thank You for Your PM. Smile

Yes, I will sure work on it.

Regards,
Y
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You NEED to tone down the wild claims. I have trouble reading it because it is just so bombastic.

For example "I am a Close Up Magician & have been doing Restaurant & Bar Magic for over 7 years. I have done it at hundreds of venues & entertained Millions of guests performing an average of over 4 hours every day."

My lord where do I start with just this sentence? Assuming that you were doing PEAK numbers from day one, which would be a bad thing because it shows you have no idea how to grow, that means that you perform for 686 people EVERY night, 7 nights a week for 7 years. Oh and at HUNDREDS of places. That is with just ONE million, not MILLIONS plural. The claim is just strange and it is obvious to anyone with a fifth grade math education. (Not to mention that international travel means that you have to not work 7 days a week, and on cruise ships you won't work every night so the numbers are actually WAY higher.)

I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but it is simply not likely and when you START the book this way it will turn off the reader.

It all reads like one of those sales web pages that goes on FOREVER. It is a lot of hype. (By the way whoever told you to always capitalize the Y in you needs to be shot. Stop doing it. It looks like you don't know how to write. I know what you are trying to accomplish, but it is working against you.)

Then your claim of "Restaurants need Entertainment to attract & maintain guests." is just ridiculous. As almost ANY restaurant owner and they will tell you 100% the opposite of this sentence. It is a way to not end up with a job and really not a good piece of advice. Then you keep making the SAME incorrect claim with different words.

"A busy restaurant needs good entertainment to retain its guests.

A newly opened (or slow) restaurant needs good
entertainment to attract guests.

A decent revenue earner needs good entertainment
to step up their game & make more money."

NONE of this is even remotely true.

And by the way nobody is fooled by this. It is not a "gift" as you have portrayed it in this thread. It is a PITCH for a book you want to sell. You have "given" NOTHING here but a bombastic pitch FOR something to buy. Make no mistake this is what is going on. All you did was list a bunch of stuff that the book supposedly does.

It is POSSIBLE that where you are in the world these claims make sense. (Although math is math no matter where in the world you are.) In America the things you list simply are not possible. Working for almost 700 people a night in a restaurant in 4 hours? You are working for 171 people an hour! Wow. Amazing. And again that is just at ONE million not multiple millions as you claim.

Good luck with it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » New Book on Restaurant & Bar Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL