The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Emergencies Act (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
They have been a disaster from the start of this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05......reaking/

For those who follow the top lockdown advising scientists
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well you went quickly from staunchly anti vaxxer now didn't you?

Well, you quickly ignored my questions, now didn’t you?

-How much time do YOU spend scouring the internet for political things that support your world view, Danny?
-What “goalposts” did I move? How is thanking Lobo for informing me and then DENOUNCING Maher’s comment “moving the goal post”?
-When did I take an extreme and then assign it to the entire conservative movement?

PS – I’m still not convinced Maher is NOT an anti-vaxxer. Not only has he supported the vaccine-autism connection in the past but he has come across as sympathetic to the anti-vaxxer crowd and has even given a platform to anti-vaxxers on his show. So to me, that makes him an anti-vaxxer. But I concede that it may not be so clear cut depending on one’s definition of anti-vaxxer. Also, again I’m not sure what he’s said about it lately.

Quote:
Why are you so desperate to paint me as cranky? It is the same thing you always do to try to somehow elevate your point.

So are you saying that I always paint you (or someone) as cranky in order to "elevate my point"? Are you for real??

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, R.S. wrote:

I don’t think that what a comedian said 2 years ago should be taken as representative of an entire group of people

I agree. I didn't (and wouldn't) suggest otherwise.

But it's a far cry from "nobody."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is also a pretty good consistency check for R.S. because it is a favorite tactic of his to use the extreme of the right and paint it as somehow the mainstream or majority view of those who disagree with him.

Ron you do it a lot and if you want to pretend you don't then cool. Go ahead. I'm not going to bother.

How many links have I provided with things that support MY worldview Ron? Go ahead tell me. THAT is how much time I spend looking for things that support my point of view. Oh heaven forbid I THINK FOR MYSELF. I know that is a radical departure for you as parroting talking points is your jam, but try it some time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Maher is like an independent congress member who is free to caucus with either Democrats or Republicans. As a libertarian, he has some views that are very left of center, and others that are very right of center. It's pretty obvious which wing of Maher fans his hatred of Trump resonates with.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have not paid too much attention to him in truth. I simply never found him all that entertaining even when he says things that I might lean toward agreeing with him.

From what I have seen he seems to be far more left on most of his positions, but does indeed not have a "party line" sort of thinking.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
544 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Maher takes a lot of flack for platforming folks with controversial viewpoints on his show. He attempts to be civil in discussions but frequently has to chide his rabid liberal crowd. That he baited.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
There's no business like no business, like no business I know
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
It is also a pretty good consistency check for R.S. because it is a favorite tactic of his to use the extreme of the right and paint it as somehow the mainstream or majority view of those who disagree with him.

Ron you do it a lot and if you want to pretend you don't then cool. Go ahead. I'm not going to bother.

How many links have I provided with things that support MY worldview Ron? Go ahead tell me. THAT is how much time I spend looking for things that support my point of view. Oh heaven forbid I THINK FOR MYSELF. I know that is a radical departure for you as parroting talking points is your jam, but try it some time.

If you want to talk “tactics” we can do that all day. Do you even read YOUR posts, Danny?

Regarding links, since when is providing supporting documentation a bad thing? If the documentation is wrong or inaccurate, then point it out. What's so difficult about that? Anyway, I somehow have the feeling that if I didn’t have a link then you (or some) might accuse me of pulling stuff from my you-know-what. So it’s a no-win situation with you, isn’t it?

And you asked, so here are some of the links YOU have provided in this thread alone:

Https://youtu.be/k0Q4naYOYDw

and…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/heal......0151001/

and these:

https://abc7news.com/health/80-times-mor......6110894/
https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/......y=230708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rMjsOuM0TY&t=28s

So I guess you’re just parroting talking points, huh? Hey, why don’t YOU try thinking for yourself!

To be honest, I don’t care whether or not you or anybody provides links. If the links are sound and support your point (like Lobo’s link) then all the better. If you can make a good case for yourself without a link, then that’s fine too. But again, this is all just more distraction on your part. And to do anything other than attack/distract would be a radical departure for you.

Ron
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sure.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 6, 2020, R.S. wrote:
Quote:

If you want to talk “tactics” we can do that all day. Do you even read YOUR posts, Danny?

Regarding links, since when is providing supporting documentation a bad thing? If the documentation is wrong or inaccurate, then point it out. What's so difficult about that? Anyway, I somehow have the feeling that if I didn’t have a link then you (or some) might accuse me of pulling stuff from my you-know-what. So it’s a no-win situation with you, isn’t it?

And you asked, so here are some of the links YOU have provided in this thread alone:

Https://youtu.be/k0Q4naYOYDw

and…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/heal......0151001/

and these:

https://abc7news.com/health/80-times-mor......6110894/
https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/......y=230708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rMjsOuM0TY&t=28s

So I guess you’re just parroting talking points, huh? Hey, why don’t YOU try thinking for yourself!

To be honest, I don’t care whether or not you or anybody provides links. If the links are sound and support your point (like Lobo’s link) then all the better. If you can make a good case for yourself without a link, then that’s fine too. But again, this is all just more distraction on your part. And to do anything other than attack/distract would be a radical departure for you.

Ron

FWIW, by the way, I have no doubt at all that a lot of people would have signed on for the economy tanking in 2012 if it meant Obama wouldn't be reelected.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
For what it is worth also I would imagine some actually did. I do not find it on one side only. It is why they all need to be thrown out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are too many people using too much stuff. What is your problem with culling a few billion; all the more stuff for us?

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On May 6, 2020, LobowolfXXX wrote:

FWIW, by the way, I have no doubt at all that a lot of people would have signed on for the economy tanking in 2012 if it meant Obama wouldn't be reelected.

Probably. And of course, there was this famous quote from Senate Minority Leader Mitch Mcconnell:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

That being said, the unforeseen circumstances of today – global pandemic, over 75,000 Americans dead and over a million infected, 30 million unemployed in 2 months, widespread lockdowns, travel restrictions, food shortages, social unrest, lifestyle changes going forward – is no mere economic recession, and I doubt that many would have signed on for this.

Thanks.
Ron
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea but what WOULD they have signed on for and do you think anyone would take advantage as long as it is happening?

(This is not a one sided question because using the press briefing as a campaign podium leaps to mind as a fine example.)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
544 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Everyone would sign up for something. To some degree we are all willing to sacrifice a bit of strife (especially others') to promote our world view.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 7, 2020, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2020, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Probably. And of course, there was this famous quote from Senate Minority Leader Mitch Mcconnell:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

That being said, the unforeseen circumstances of today – global pandemic, over 75,000 Americans dead and over a million infected, 30 million unemployed in 2 months, widespread lockdowns, travel restrictions, food shortages, social unrest, lifestyle changes going forward – is no mere economic recession, and I doubt that many would have signed on for this.

Thanks.
Ron

I think McConnell's sentiments were shared by many (and I also think the same is true of many current congressional Democrats WRT Trump). I also(?) agree that many people who agreed with Maher in the abstract about a recession (or even Maher himself) would have made such a tradeoff

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wouldn’t as I am a political atheist; politicians are crooks, used by the shepherds, to move the sheep in the correct direction, left and right.

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4834 Posts

Profile of RNK
Interesting how 66% of New Yorks deaths from Covid are people that are not going to work and have been staying home! This stat comes directly from the Governors mouth.

Being quarantined is only going to weaken our immune systems.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Emergencies Act (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL