The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Emergencies Act (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 8, 2020, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Nobody can possibly say what would have happened if we didn't lock down. Lots of guesses and models that have been very inaccurate so far.

I can say I'm glad I didn't attend a movie, show or large-function in NYC two weeks ago, and wouldn't tomorrow. And I doubt I'm in the minority.

Doesn't change my statement.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well, it is a common question asked by those who don’t listen to the answer that the excerpts have repeatedly given.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
544 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On May 8, 2020, tommy wrote:
Well, it is a common question asked by those who don’t listen to the answer that the excerpts have repeatedly given.

WHO ARE the experts.

R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On May 8, 2020, tommy wrote:
The New Yorkers who got the virus and survived it are now immune and I doubt that any one of them would be glad to swap places with you. Watch out, there is a bat behind you!

Irrelevant to what I was talking about.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
Since I was not addressing you or what you were talking about that is not surprising.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On May 9, 2020, tommy wrote:
Since I was not addressing you or what you were talking about that is not surprising.

Ok, sorry about that. It seemed like you were addressing me because your post was right after mine and you didn't include anybody else's quotes.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On May 9, 2020, R.S. wrote:
Quote:

Ok, sorry about that. It seemed like you were addressing me because your post was right after mine and you didn't include anybody else's quotes.

Ron

No it is my fault; I should use the quote button.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
That is quite interesting:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/article......-outcome

i.e.

“Ninety per cent of our lives in the developed world are spent indoors in close proximity to each other and what has not been talked about is the relationship of temperature and humidity in the air indoors and outdoors and aerial transmission of the virus.”

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27082 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Additional immune system environmental stresses and a background of opportunistic microorganisms ... topics unhelpful beyond misdirection in this specific context.
Cute magic: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/......mulator/
Not cute: remove the rules that a healthy person cannot host/shed the virus and that a person can only get sick once (the excluded middle of recover or not).

Remember the beginning of Planet of the Apes or the end of Twelve Monkeys? Given that others have thought about this topic for two generations - what do you suggest?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That would be easier to answer if anyone knew what you were talking about.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2833 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Do you really think no one does, Danny?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is the Bat Pack?

Riddle me that, Batman.

Here is a clue:

“But that's no reason to fear or fight them, he adds. Bats have many useful roles, from pollinating flowers to controlling insects. And virus outbreaks are not inevitable as long as humans keep their distance. "These viruses will only emerge in people if we continue encroaching into bat habitat, hunting and eating them, and otherwise making contact with them,” Daszak says. 2017

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/......species#

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2833 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I attempted to add something but I've been intercepted.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
544 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On May 9, 2020, magicalaurie wrote:
I attempted to add something but I've been intercepted.

Sports have moved to the forums!

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27082 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
From years ago...
https://www.condair.com/m/0/importance-o......ls-1.pdf <- Heating/Air conditioning for hospitals document/ad from back then.

It's not so easy to both get winter air humid and keep it clean. Bad things can settle into and grow in air ducts.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 8, 2020, Mr Salk wrote:

It's not irrelevant. My point is that "66% of new cases in NY were staying at home." is not completely accurate. Those people got exposed by not following recommendations.

In this respect, it's a lot like abstinence for birth control.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
538 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:

I believe that in an open discussion forum (which is what this is) anybody may interject/contribute at any point.
Use the FORCE Luke.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
?

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6473 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2020, Papa Legba wrote:
Quote:

I believe that in an open discussion forum (which is what this is) anybody may interject/contribute at any point.

You are correct, Papa- well said.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
?

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Emergencies Act (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL