The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phoenix Rising - James Watkins » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
The effect as described in the manuscript:
A card is freely selected; the spectator signs their name on the face of the card, and the magician signs his/her name on the back. A few pieces of paper are introduced and one is freely selected by the spectator. After the paper is selected, the freely chosen card is visually ripped into four pieces and wrapped up inside of the chosen piece of paper, lit and in the blink of an eye, the paper along with the shredded up card has vanished. The magician shows his hands empty and his sleeves rolled up. The magician draws attention to his pocket, and slowly and fairly reaches in to grab none other than the spectator’s
freely chosen card!!!

All the above is true. It is all quite fair, and is really impossible looking. I can't say much other then it looks exactly like it is described. They see the signed card being ripped. Yes, this is where this effect makes even magicians blink their eyes. The signed card gets ripped and placed into the paper, and then bam its gone, only to appear whole inside your pocket.

This is a worker, something that can be prepared ahead of time, and you could make a lot of them, so if you are a restaurant performer, you could easily do this over and over again. And something to note is this uses flash paper, and flash paper always gains peoples attention.

Besides this effect there are 6 other different handling’s. Two of them result in the card becoming whole in two different places. The other four are different handling’s of the original, including performing this effect from a borrowed deck. These are all good additions to the original, but me I prefer the original. I think it is already strong enough, but some may like the additional techniques.

There is also a Bonus effect called Fire in the Hole, that seems like it would play rather nice.

Effect:
A card is selected by a spectator, and noted. The magician never sees the card. The
magician takes the card, and places it in his/her pocket for safekeeping. A piece of paper is introduced and examined by the spectator to the fullest extent. After it has been examined, the magician folds the paper into a little square. A lighter is now borrowed from the spectator. The magician ignites the lighter, and touches the piece of paper. The paper goes up in a dramatic flash, and vanishes quickly. Not only that, but seen falling from the paper is a folded up piece of card. The piece of card is unfolded, and to the spectator’s shock, it is the index of their card! To prove this, the magician reaches in his/her pocket and pulls out the selection, only to find a missing index! Not only that, but
the index is a perfect match!!!

While this trick may not sound difficult to re-create, remember you are a magician. I think to laymen this would play rather nicely. The method is simple, and good. I like this one.

All together, if you are fond of Flash Paper I suggest this manuscript. If you are fond of Torn and Restored cards, I suggest this manuscript. If you are fond of both, then I really suggest this manuscript. I would give it a 4/5 stars.

It is available from http://www.themagicanarchist.com/ for only 6 bucks. I know a lot of things that I have spent 6 bucks on and wasn't happy. I think you will be happy with this purchase, it is well worth the six dollars.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
Very cool video! I'll check it out. Thanks
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Hey,

I did not even see this thread here.. Thanks for purchasing it Ben. I am glad you liked it. Have you tried it out on anyone yet?

Dove, thanks for the compliment, but honestly, the video does not do this effect justice. I have been working on this for well over a year. Check it out, I can assure you one thing: You will not regret it. The PDF is professional produced, with 13 photographs in it to help you learn. Do NOT let the price fool you.. It was 12 dollars, but the price was lowered. I figured if I am going to put something out, but it out at a good price, and people will remember me because of that.

There are a few members here on the Café who have reviewed it, maybe they can tell you what they thought as well.

Keep it real,
James Watkins
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Although I would have liked to see this as a booklet for James' sake(internet piracy), $12 is still way too low even for a professionally produced PDF file. The information is beyond worth the asking price! Simple, yet Strong magic is the best there is. Although the effect is classic, James adds that "extra something" that really makes this version worth looking at!

I get asked to endorse a lot of "stuff" these days and seem to have to turn a lot of it down! My name on a product is only as worthy as my own! For $12 you simply cannot go wrong, this is a great peice of magic!

Highly Recommended!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Do not worry P.. I am getting my affairs worked out. They will be in booklets sooner rather than later.

Keep it real,
James
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
I had the change to take a look at james' effect a wile
ago. James created something visual and workable here.
And for the asking price, it's a real bargain.

Great Job, James!

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Thank you Peter for the post. I am really glad you enjoyed it. I really think others will enjoy this as well. If anyone has any questions, post them here, or just drop me an e-mail at: jameswatkins16@hotmail.com, or PM me on MSN.. The addy is the same as the e-mail.

Keep it real,
James Watkins
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
I like this a lot. I had made a thread about it quite a while back.... I definitely recommend this! This is a very good deal for the price, and a great trick at any price for that matter.

Ian
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
I also have to throw in my 2 cents in here. This effect is a real gem. I remember when James and I talked awhile back how he wanted everything perfect, so he put a lot of effort into this.

Magnificent piece of work my friend.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Glad you liked it, Eebie. Also, thanks Yousif for the constant support. Sales have been doing GREAT, so thank all of the Café members who have checked it out!!!

I have some more stuff I am working on, including the brother to this effect. I think you will like it as well, as well as a restaurant worker. A coin penetration, involving a flash of fire (You may have noticed I am a fire maniac!), and a bending coin routine packed into one performance. I think you all will like that as well. Smile

Thanks for all the support Café members!

Keep it real,
James Watkins
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
I tried this and while I hardly ever buy anything online I can say in this case I'm really glad I did! The pdf is packed full of material and there's a great bonus effect not even mentioned in the ad. Nice work, James.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Glad you liked it, Dove. Always nice to have a surprise, huh?

Keep it real,
James Watkins
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Well, here goes...

I, like Peter, get asked to look at a lot of material, for either endorsements, or reviews.

With Phoenix Rising, I was one of the first to see this manuscript (over 2 years ago), and I can say that it is true, James HAS put a lot of effort into this project.

I will say that both effects are good. While they may not seem 'cutting edge' to some magicians, the effect both effects have on spectators is remarkable. They involve the destruction of percieved 'valuble' objects (cards) and they involve fire (fire, FIRE!!). For six bucks, you are getting two effects that you will use, and you will use often.

If I am not mistaken, both of these effects were originally slated to be released individually, for fifteen bucks a pop, so for six dollars, you are getting one heck of a deal.

As well, I would say if you are interested in these effects, pay the six bones, and support this young man, I have spoken with him on numerous occassions, and his mind IS fertile ground for many more creative endeavors.

Sean
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
WOW!!! A real fooler, with FLASH!!!
Out of all your torn and restored card effects...my opinion: I like this one the best!
The unbelieveable price is only $6.00, plus you get a bonus effect! It's the best purchase I have ever made!
Period!
Gerard
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Wow,

I can't believe how well this thing has done this morning alone! Sean, thanks for the compliments. You saying that just makes me want to create another right away!

MagicCarisio, I am glad you feel that way! Hearing that is worth everything to me. Thanks for checking it out!

Keep it real,
James Watkins

Oh sorry.. Yes Sean, the two effects were originally supposed to be released separately, but I decided to give them more bang for the buck. I will be printing these out in booklets within the next few months, so take advantage while you can. I will keep you all updated about the booklets.

Keep it real,
James Watkins
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi James,
I not only checked it out. I bought it! I repeat...what a buy!!! Awesome!!!
Gerard
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
LoL, I am glad you are enjoying it, MagicCarisio. Thanks for the support!

Keep it real,
James Watkins

Just a little update-- I have added about 3 more pages of material, and printed out my first booklet. All I have to do is go through it for editing, get in touch with a dealer, and print the rest out..

Give me 2-3 months. Smile Thanks for the constant support again!

Keep it real,
James Watkins
practicemakesperfect
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of practicemakesperfect
All I have to say is this trick is astounding! It has it all, the destruction of a card, actually riping it up right before their eyes, then wrapping the card in paper and setting it on fire, they visually see their card burn up in thin air! The way the trick is routined they don't even think about how the card got into the pocket, there is a reason for everything that that takes place within the trick. The signed card makes it so convincing that it is scary! There are many different ways to perform the trick and James was gracious enough to give us several of his different presentations. Do I recommend this? Of course, every magician that performs with cards should be using this trick, and there is no excuse not to buy it and try it out, it is only 6 dollars, what a deal!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Run and buy it! It really is a masterpiece of an effect!!!
Gerard
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Thanks practicemakesperfect for the review. I am glad you liked it. Thanks for the support MagicCarision, I am really glad you feel that way. I have heard nothing but great feedback!

Keep it real,
James Watkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phoenix Rising - James Watkins » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL