The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Bear Tear (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sudo, you need a bottle of lambs navy rum or the slightly rudely titled Pussers rum. That's the tot lots of UK sailors used to get given when my dad was onboard...

Both dark rums. Pussers is the stronger.

Pussers...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Actually make that Pussers gunpowder rum, that's 54.5%

Good in hot chocolate too
I've asked to be banned
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Ah, yes. Agreed. The dark (and spiced) rums are my faves. I've had plenty of Lamb's Navy - we have that here. But "Pussers Gunpowder" rum at 54.5?% Never heard of that before and it sure sounds intrigung.

Great. I now have yet another reason to get my arse over to Europe some day - in addition to all the magnificent history-soaked old architecture. We simply just do not have anything even remotely comparable over here in Canada with it being a relatively new country and all. Some days I really wish my family had just stayed in England and not immigrated.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Mine arrives on Sunday! Looking forward to leaving shredded bits of paper all over my study for a while!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Another code...15% off at Lulu, and I've still discounted most of my stuff...

ONEFIVE
I've asked to be banned
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Supposed to get my copy on the 15th.
IAIN, how do you like publishing with LULU? User friendly?
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2020, 252life wrote:
Supposed to get my copy on the 15th.
IAIN, how do you like publishing with LULU? User friendly?

I'll look forward to a review...

And yeah, Lulu is fine, easy to use once you've practiced... You just need to be able to create a pdf that's all.

Or rather, that's my preference. The cover creator is a little slow and clunky but works well enough...
I've asked to be banned
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
It’ll be my pleasure.

My quarantine supplies;
-2 cans of food
-9,000,000 index cards

-Theodore Annemann
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Index cards act as a good source of fibre...
I've asked to be banned
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
252, this is your chance to become the David Blaine of mentalism: eat only billets for 3 months. I'll watch the livestream and pay for it.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I’m already working on merchandising:)

-Theodore Annemann
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't mean to create any controversy, but lately I have been thinking about the concept of tearing something I just asked someone to write. No doubt, there is room for some made up justification. But, I have been thinking about how I have so many options in life... so... should I tear or not tear?

The more I think about it, the more I like options that do not involve ending up with torn up pieces.

I created a coin envelope system that I used to really like, but then I discovered eyephone. I bought a belt cell phone holder for two phones, so I am set to go. I have my business cards ready to go in my eyephone. I can do an amazing routine in a walk-around situation and leave them with a miracle on my business card. I don't like leaving people with "trash", so I try to be creative with what and how I leave them with things. For example, I have found that if you write something on a business card that could be helpful to them, like a short and light hearted pseudo-inspirational quote, they will keep it because it has some value.

I'm not trying to be a damper on sales here, just curious to ask a group of people obviously interested in another tear if you have ever pondered one of life's eternal questions ... to tear or not to tear?

KJ
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It's been discussed to death and will be discussed over and over again until we devolve and just have thumbs...

Latest and greatest probably isn't the best place to generally discuss it though...

Inner thoughts is best suited (and where it's been discussed before)...

I've gone back and forth on the issue too. I think we all have.

So definitely zero controversy, it's a very common thing to think about 👍
I've asked to be banned
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
I don't mean to create any controversy, but lately I have been thinking about the concept of tearing something I just asked someone to write.

[...]

... if you have ever pondered one of life's eternal questions ... to tear or not to tear?

Here is a little gift for you!

Cheers
Th.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
As someone who has always relied on peeks rather than a tear, I thought I would expand my repertoire with the practice time that the current situation allows.

My only experience of CT's are the brief demo Ran Pink gives on the Inside out explanation and Richard Osterlinds tear which I think I saw on a penguin lecture. I was very close to buying T-rex when I saw this advertised and thought I would give it a go.

In short, I'm very happy. The ad copy is true, it's well explained and there are videos, written and drawn instructions.

It doesn't seem too difficult, although I havent performed it for anyone apart from my family yet. All the movements are justified and there doesn't seem to be anything knackered.

Overall, a great product!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
It’s good to have options.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Well after a reorder and five emails with LuLu...it just arrived! All I did was so far was glance at the illustrations and I'm already smiling. This is going to be a fun read Smile

-Theodore Annemann
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
At last! Sorry you've had so much hassle 🧐😵
I've asked to be banned
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
I ordered The Bear Tear recently having never really felt comfortable with centre tears in the past. Have to say this is absolutely excellent - simple, highly effective, and is explained really clearly with a great combination of writing and video. Will definitely be using this going forward.
Cheers,
DC
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hey, thanks very much indeed....glad you like it and get to enjoy using it 👍
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Bear Tear (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL