The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best gaff/extra card in a deck of cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter X
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Hi,
I am working on a new deck aimed at magicians and I wanted your help. What extra cards would you like in a deck? With USPCC, you get 52 cards, 2 jokers and 2 extra cards. What 2 extra cards do you look for in a deck for magic?

Double backer, blank card, duplicate card, gaff..etc?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

-Peter X
www.magicandcards.com
Instagram: magicandcardsdotcom
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1895 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Short card
Peter X
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2020, Wravyn wrote:
Short card

I can't add a short card. USPCC can only cut all the cards with the same dimensions.

It is easy to make one though when you get the deck.

Thanks.
www.magicandcards.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1486 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I would say a Double backer (same color) and a blank-faced card. The only reason I could for adding a different type of gaffed card is if you were going to include a routine with the deck that would require the specific gaffed card included with the deck.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Peter X
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
I would say a Double backer (same color) and a blank-faced card. The only reason I could for adding a different type of gaffed card is if you were going to include a routine with the deck that would require the specific gaffed card included with the deck.

Thank you for your input Kaliix. How about a duplicate card? Would that be beneficial?

-Peter X
www.magicandcards.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1486 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Perhaps a duplicate card would be useful if the backs are non-standard.

If possible, I would recommend your deck include duplicate jokers, with one being in color and the other black and white. Some color-change possibilities are there for free if the joker design allows for it.

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2020, Peter X wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for your input Kaliix. How about a duplicate card? Would that be beneficial?

-Peter X
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Peter X
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
Perhaps a duplicate card would be useful if the backs are non-standard.

If possible, I would recommend your deck include duplicate jokers, with one being in color and the other black and white. Some color-change possibilities are there for free if the joker design allows for it.

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2020, Peter X wrote:
Quote:

-Peter X

I have heard that many magicians prefer identical jokers versus different ones. That would give another free duplicate card for certain tricks.
www.magicandcards.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4816 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I agree a blank facer and a double backer (same both sides) would be the most standard "go to" gaffs. I don't even like a "prediction joker" (like DMC and others have) as it kind of robs me of a joker. Totally agree identical Jokers a must.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Peter X
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I agree a blank facer and a double backer (same both sides) would be the most standard "go to" gaffs. I don't even like a "prediction joker" (like DMC and others have) as it kind of robs me of a joker. Totally agree identical Jokers a must.

Thanks for your input Poof-Daddy. What do you use a blank facer for? Reverse fan maybe? If so, you can use any blank facer.

Let me know what tricks you do that uses a blank facer.
www.magicandcards.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4816 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
My use for a blank facer from a non standard deck would be to buy 3 of the decks and using the 3 blank facers with a Joker to do Alex Elmsley's "4 Card Trick". With Standard decks that I use like "Phoenix" or "Bike Rider Back/Standard", I can just get a deck of blank facers. With a 1 off or Kickstarter deck, there typically not enough regular decks even printed to make it worth printing gaff decks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Peter X
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
My use for a blank facer from a non standard deck would be to buy 3 of the decks and using the 3 blank facers with a Joker to do Alex Elmsley's "4 Card Trick". With Standard decks that I use like "Phoenix" or "Bike Rider Back/Standard", I can just get a deck of blank facers. With a 1 off or Kickstarter deck, there typically not enough regular decks even printed to make it worth printing gaff decks.

Makes sense. Maybe I can make a deck of just gaffs later or as an extended goal. But what do you think would be a good extra card if you can only buy one regular deck for magic?
www.magicandcards.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best gaff/extra card in a deck of cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL