The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Spirit Slates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
A couple of thoughts here:

(1). After getting the new Eugene Burger From Beyond book by Larry Haas and noting Eugene's IMPRESSIVE Spirit Slate Routine explained and detailed in the book and as shown in The Online Videos that accompany the book, I decided to have a set of Spirit Slates made to the specs in the book. No one Magic Store or Online resource had the "necessaries" "built-in" to their Spirit Slate offerings, so.........

(2). I called FAB Magic and talked to Rick Fisher and had him make me a Custom Set which would be more than capable of being used form Eugene's routine (and much, much more!) KUDOS to Rick Fisher for this GREAT set of Slates which is PERFECT for what I need to do and has, frankly, exceeded my expectations!

So my thoughts are that seeing a Magic performance that WAY overachieves the method(s) used to perform the effect can most certainly compel you, the Magician, to buy and want to use a prop you don't own even if the prop is "an oldie", so to speak. And maybe even more importantly, per item (2), above....it's smart to actually CALL and TALK to your friendly local Magic Shop owner as he or she can often be VERY helpful, so don't hesitate to do so. In this day and age of Internet Internet Internet we sometimes forgot to TALK to people...
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2872 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Without giving away a lot, could you give us an idea about the routine, or where it's described (like on a dealer page)?
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Hi George Ledo:

Sure. let me see if I can help.

As I described in my post, above, this routine is detailed in the new book EUGENE BURGER FROM BEYOND, written by Larry Haas, PhD. In my opinion, you would have to SEE the routine described in detail in the book to understand how delightfully thought-out and then carefully and deviously "assembled" it is in each detail.

Let's just say that a set of "Normal" or "Dealer Stock" Spirit Slates will NOT get the job done for Eugene's routine because the slates for this routine need a "special something" which requires talking to the builder to have him make specially for you.

Dr. Haas does this in the explanation in the book, and also provides access to a hidden, password-protected video so you can watch Eugene performing this.

I wish I could be more helpful.....perhaps someone other than me could provide a link to Eugene performing this......

Having said that, in my opinion, this book is worth the asking price just to be able to perform this one routine........it's THAT good!
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1216 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I’ve been getting orders for sets for this routine. I believe my slates are perfectly suited to this in style and weight. Anyone interested can contact Gemini Artifacts.
Marc
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Surprised here that more haven't chimed in on this post.

My bad.

If I had titled this post "Eugene Burger Spirit Slate Routine", I bet there would be more attention paid.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2496 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2020, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2020, Rainboguy wrote:
Surprised here that more haven't chimed in on this post.

My bad.

If I had titled this post "Eugene Burger Spirit Slate Routine", I bet there would be more attention paid.

If you had posted in the bizarre magic section...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Spirit Slates (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL