The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Appearing table, King Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
62 Posts

Profile of Watson
Has anyone had any experience with this item??? http://www.kingmagic.com/index.php?main_......_id=1153 Thanks in advance for any comments.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5080 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Doesn't seem to be a very popular item. I've never seen it performed but I'd question it's usability since it sells for only $23.
Where the magic begins
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
93 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
I had a banjo table for a while but it was always a bit wobbly due to being supported by a mixture of elastics and tenacity. If it had more of either I might have kept it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Watson, as with any products you are interested in, it all depends if you have a purpose for it. A hundred years ago, Russ Walsh offered a production table similar to this one only smaller. I never purchased it but the draw back with it, is that you really cannot actually produce it magically because of the noise it makes opening, and to cleanly steal it off your person behind a large silk and reveal it by removing the silk and there it is standing on the stage. I only heard of on performer that ever used it as a comedy bit in his act, producing 3 of them. Back then they were considered very expensive for the time.

I finally did purchase a copy of the Walsh table that was made in India because of the lower price, and just as I figured, it was the same, no way to magically produce it as a magic effect because of the size and noise. I did have to put new thicker, stronger, elastic cord, I got from Abbptt's Magic. So I figured I would just pull it out, and stand it on the stage, sort of a comedy gag. The only thing it could hold, is maybe a boxed deck of card and some envelopes, a wallet, and a pen. So it would be okay if you did some mentalist effect with very light objects.

This one you referenced, at least look like it better built then the Russ Walsh model, and actually looks like it may be more sturdy. It is only $23 and I am sure you have thrown away a lot more then $23 on some effect promising to be a miracle. I sure have in the last few years over the Internet.

If you get it, be sure to come back and let us know your thoughts for this mechanical marvel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Appearing table, King Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL