The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sortable by Yvan Garmy (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Ad Copy:
Sortable is a visual approach to triumph, perfect for walkaround. The spectators can see the cards being mashed face-up into face-down.

A card is selected, and optionally signed. Then the deck is shuffled by both the magician AND the spectator. Next, the deck is mashed together face up into face down. It's clearly a mess.

Finally, with no suspicious moves, all the cards magically turn face up... except for the selected card.

No Culling
No Rough and Smooth
End Completely Clean

Simply by squaring up the cards, you can create order from chaos.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Anyone get this? I've grown kinda tired of the Triumph plot and have ignored a bunch... but this one looks pretty amazing from the description. Very tempted to just buy but am wondering if someone else has taken one for the team and would care to share their thoughts first.
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2020, no2ss wrote:
Anyone get this? I've grown kinda tired of the Triumph plot and have ignored a bunch... but this one looks pretty amazing from the description. Very tempted to just buy but am wondering if someone else has taken one for the team and would care to share their thoughts first.

This is a very simple but clever way of doing the classic triumph. The method is very straight-forward, and is more reliable and less haphazard than you might think (referring to the shuffle here). It starts completely clean from a (borrowed) shuffled deck. No gimmicks, no forces, and you end 95% clean. The clean-up is incredibly simple and can be done in front of the spectators if you want. Don't see any real negatives - the display is clean and everything feels very fair. I also like that there's no over-proving everything, as in so many othervariations of this plot.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Thanks Derotanim. Very helpful.
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
This is one of the best Triumph I have seen for a walk around. It's surefire and it looks really really messy. Highly recommend it.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Triumph has always been my go to trick. I've done tens of different versions literally thousands of times. Trust me when I say this is a game changer. This looks so incredibly clean. Its not they type of thing you'll be doing in five minutes but it is still relatively easy. Plus, best of all, the trick is completely impromptu and has phenomenal angles.

Yvan is an excellent teacher. He teaches a number of very nice touches that will bring this to the next level. His method of having different spectators mix the whole deck is fantastic (though beginners should probably skip that part) and the different ways he cleanly shows how thoroughly mixed the deck is super convincing.

The one (minor) con is that there is a little clean-up you have to do after the trick is done. Yvon teaches how to do this in front of the spectators, but be aware that's not always going to be easy.

Conclusion: Whenever I see a new version of a trick that's been done before many times the question I always ask is, if someone already knows the standard methods is it still worth purchasing this? In this case I'm happy to say the answer is a resounding yes. The chaotic mix of the face up cards into the face down cards is exactly what every other version strives to achieve but it's never looked this perfect with an ungimmicked deck and no funny moves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sortable by Yvan Garmy (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL