The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Wes Iseliís Flip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Wes Iseli's Flip

Ad Copy

"Imagine how amazing it would be to predict the outcome of a coin toss before it has been flipped
What if you could predict the outcome of 6 coin flips revealing that you knew which ones the spectator would get wrong before a single coin has been flipped

What if you could whittle down 1500 people in an auditorium until you are only left with 1 person and then the prediction that an audience member has been holding reveals in detail the winner
This has been in every show I have done since itís development from close up, kids parties, Corporate, and even my full evening illusion shows.

I love this effect and I know you will too."

http://wesiseli.com/magician/magic/

I picked this up and its really good. Highly Recommended!

Ad copy is 100% correct. You are going to know the outcome of the flip! Gives you great tips and great routines.

This is a must pick up!!!

- Jerde
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1354 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Is it magician-flipped or a spectator flip routine?
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Is it magician-flipped or a spectator flip routine?

Magician flips it. Great way to control a targeted outcome
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1225 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi John, if you don't mind me asking is it a thumb flip?

Kieran
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1225 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Just checked the link and could see on the picture its a thumb flip, I should of done that before I asked!

Kieran
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of dyoung
A flip like this has been around for ages (or is it a new flip?). So what you're paying for are routines? (unless you don't know how to control it, in which case you're learning that). But you're saying great routines, plural. Are there more than the routine explained in the original post? if so, how many?

All the best,
Dan
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, dyoung wrote:
A flip like this has been around for ages (or is it a new flip?). So what you're paying for are routines? (unless you don't know how to control it, in which case you're learning that). But you're saying great routines, plural. Are there more than the routine explained in the original post? if so, how many?

All the best,
Dan

Hey Dan.

This might not be for you. For me it was all new. Let me clarify. You donít really get routines. You get the technique and a sample predictions. To me that is the same as routines cause I always customize it anyways. I probably used the wrong words on accident.

But yeah. Not sure if this is original. First time I had seen anything like this.

I think itís great. What comes to mind is doing that Dan White routine he did on the late night show but now I donít need any electronics.

Hope this helps
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
John Jerde I am curious. Which routine by Dan White are you referring to?
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
John Jerde I am curious. Which routine by Dan White are you referring to?

The hand pocket one. Instead of guessing the pocket, have the spectator call heads or tails.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Alright, gotcha... Thanks for the quick reply.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of dyoung
A controlled flip is super useful, so people should get this if they don't already know it. lots of possibilities!

All the best,
Dan
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

A controlled coin flip is something indeed quite useful. When I published my version of it after doing some research with the help of some good friends I found the following:
Atlas Brookings had a controlled coin toss which was published in The Black Project
Seamus Maguire, Paul Shirley, Patrick Redford also have work on this
And Gregory Wilson has published a routine called "Heads or Tails" in his DVD School of Cool.
I am wondering what the similarities/differences are in this technique with the ones mentioned previously. If someone knows that would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
A controlled coin flip is something indeed quite useful. When I published my version of it after doing some research with the help of some good friends I found the following:
Atlas Brookings had a controlled coin toss which was published in The Black Project
Seamus Maguire, Paul Shirley, Patrick Redford also have work on this
And Gregory Wilson has published a routine called "Heads or Tails" in his DVD School of Cool.
I am wondering what the similarities/differences are in this technique with the ones mentioned previously. If someone knows that would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Manos.

I finally pulled out Black Project and looked up Atlas routine as well as Loochs thoughts. So I can confirm that they are in all together different techniques. Wesís technique has you actually flick the coin up in the air and you catch it with your palm down as per video.

Hope this helps.

When I get more time Iíll look up the others
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to do this John. I got in touch with Wes' on messenger and it seems like his technique is more similar to the ones I mentioned than mine. By the way, I wasn't talking about Looch's controlled coin spin, I was talking about a coin flip.
This has 2 main differences with my routine, 1 that the coin I use is slightly altered to help with the technique, the display of heads/tails is also different and finally my routine has a phase which is similar to Safe Opener /Dangerous Opener by Colin McLeod and Luke Jermay respectively.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Just for the record, this is what my technique looks like:
https://youtu.be/wrKxMDP2DuQ
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2020, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
Just for the record, this is what my technique looks like:
https://youtu.be/wrKxMDP2DuQ

Ah I see. Yeah I looked up all the flips and spins in black project.

Iíll have to get your book that has the flip.
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Just an update.

I said this was great.

Fooled Penn and Teller

https://youtu.be/rQ0YN7RpvFQ
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
827 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Can Wes' coin pass casual inspection (without a switch)?

I love the speed and ease of use of Manos' version but while the coin can be freely shown, I would not hand it to a spectator.
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2020, scott0819 wrote:
Can Wes' coin pass casual inspection (without a switch)?

I love the speed and ease of use of Manos' version but while the coin can be freely shown, I would not hand it to a spectator.

Yep. You can hand the coin out to anyone for inspection. Smile
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Watched the clip, went to purchase. I was surprised when the price jumped from $23 to $100. I'm assuming the 400% increase came after the Fool Us appearance? Just priced me out of the market.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Wes Iseliís Flip (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL