The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to Glass Discussion (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
There are many variations of Coins to Glass out there.

Which do you lads & lassies use? and more importantly why?

Danny Korem has one of the best write ups on it in his book IMHO. There's a couple written up in Bobo's. David Stone had a nice quick one with 3 coins only.
I've gone from using 5, to 4, and for a while now, only 3.

Anyways, here's mine at the moment. Will probably change in an hour or so LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFnlhiced-c

I've always felt the audible part of Coin to Glass made the trick very appealing to spectators.
For those that have done it, have you gotten a better reaction than say 3-Fly or other hand to hand coins across?
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
940 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
To me, coins to glass gets too redundant after the 2nd coin. Especially if the left or right hand is used everytime. I use to perform it years ago. I only used 3 Kennedy halves back then. It never really got the reactions that I really wanted. It got reactions but, I think most people think that they at least 1/2 way know how it's done b4 it is finished. I've only performed a 3 fly for a small handfull of people and the reactions were wayyyyyyyy stronger. $.02 db
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2712 Posts

Profile of John Long
Nice job. I like the extra right hand movement - it avoides the arthritic look I see in Danny's book (and many methods that use a CP.

My favorite (but haven't performed it yet) is a modified Passe-passe coins routine w/lids screwed onto mason jars. It is a modification of Tarbell's version in Vol 2 Lesson 23. Dan's modification looks much better than the original in the Tarbell books.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&forum=3

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
scotchrocket
View Profile
New user
Canada
93 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
Great performance, Max!

I like this 3-coin version which I think does a good job skirting some of the issues that Dollarbill brought up.

You've added a bunch of great pieces to this; loved the salt, the jumbo coin, and while busy enjoying the salt I completely missed the wash!

Thanks for sharing!
All about borrowed coins.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thanx for the input gents.
As Dollarbill mentioned, I know a lot of magicians who get much mileage out of 3-Fly. Each has advantages.

Thanx John for the Passe-passe with Mason jars lead. I will check it out.

Glad you enjoyed it sotchrocket. An ever evolving trick Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8637 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, just masterful! 😁

I’m sorry I can’t seem to be critical or to offer any advice here, as to me it was quite perfectly done and completely magical. 😊👍🏽
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10702 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
FILTRATION by vinny marini coin or poker chip thru lass on my web site years ago

https://youtu.be/phXh6ZABMjA
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
ismo
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of ismo
Very good !!
Entertaining.
A little idea : You could steal the saltshaker and
produce as a final load.

ISMO
Nev Blenk
View Profile
New user
Northumberland UK
47 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, ismo wrote:
Very good !!
Entertaining.
A little idea : You could steal the saltshaker and
produce as a final load.

ISMO

Very nice routine indeed and I agree... instead of producing the jumbo, do something with the salt shaker.

Nev
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Greetings Max.
,....as always,
a pleasure!
Cheers!...! 🍺

Thanks for 'the Show'!.
I can just sit back and enjoy your Magic.
🍻
gallagher
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Heya Gallagher. Hope you're doing well. About all we can do now is 'sit back and enjoy the on-line magic.' LOL

Thanx for your thoughts Nev & ismo. I agree with you there. In actual performance I don't usually end with a jumbo but go right into the Classic of wrapping the Glass in a newspaper and covering one coin. For this I need a spectator so just ended with a Jumbo.

I mentioned above that David Stone had one with 3 coins only. For those interested, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7VpuzyYBM
scotchrocket
View Profile
New user
Canada
93 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Max T. Oz wrote:

I mentioned above that David Stone had one with 3 coins only. For those interested, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7VpuzyYBM

This is a fun little routine, too; great (minimal) use of being one behind.

His presentation is lightning quick. Bang, bang, bang, it's all happening.
All about borrowed coins.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4834 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
Yea I have A No touch Handling Using a 3 t. Smile !
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Hi David.
Would your version be in the Conjuror DVD or Project book?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4834 Posts

Hi Max,
My No touch Handling Will be In The 2 th. vol. of the Project Book ! Along With 44 outer Coin Across ! Smile I have a One touch handling In an old set of Notes ! I would have to look up if you Like ???
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Heya David. We're looking forward to Project vol. 2 Smile
I read in a previous thread, they'll be all your work on Coins Across.
Will be some great stuff, no doubt.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4834 Posts

Thanks Max ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Hare
Max, I'd say that is the nicest performance of coins to glass I've personally seen. It's elegant, deceptive and entertaining. The speed that you perform it is exactly right, with pauses and flourish in just the right places. Bravo on a great routine- something I do not say often.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Yes you have to hand it to David Stone. Brilliant. I love the ending. You never want to do the "hand over glass method " for the last one.
This is a perfect use of the retention vanish.

AT the same time, Rick Lax's filter is something I would include some of in a coins through glass routine.
It is really magical approaching the glass with a coin in the hand and coming away with it empty, and pouring the coins out of the glass.
Very convincing. If you could really do magic, you would at least do, IMHO, one of the coins to glass this way, apparently penetrating it cleanly.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1675 Posts

Profile of mystre71
David Acer has a really nice coins to glass in his book Natural Selections vol. 1, called Money flies. His routine does away with the repetitiveness of most routines and has a nice surprise ending. Works for stand up and walk around situations. He also performed it on the Magic Of Canada videos. Worth checking out.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to Glass Discussion (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL