The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to Glass Discussion (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2020, countrymaven wrote:

AT the same time, Rick Lax's filter is something I would include some of in a coins through glass routine.
It is really magical approaching the glass with a coin in the hand and coming away with it empty, and pouring the coins out of the glass.
Very convincing. If you could really do magic, you would at least do, IMHO, one of the coins to glass this way, apparently penetrating it cleanly.

Thanx Countrymaven for the lead. Never seen this. Definitely, will check it out.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanx Max. I also want to congratulate you on a great coins to glass routine. You have really
taken it to another level. GREAT subleties. It looks like magic to magicians . And that is really something.
dj
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2020, mystre71 wrote:
David Acer has a really nice coins to glass in his book Natural Selections vol. 1, called Money flies. His routine does away with the repetitiveness of most routines and has a nice surprise ending. Works for stand up and walk around situations. He also performed it on the Magic Of Canada videos. Worth checking out.

Card Coin Holder & Money Flies:
https://youtu.be/3dP87xfzeUI
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Personally I think Acer's routine is nice. But for modern audiences, too much of the hand held high over the glass move, kind of takes
most of the mystery out of it. I think Max does a nice variation of this. but when you get to the last penetration, I would try to avoid
repeating that for the last move. It just does not get better with the wear. To me, Acer overuses that move. His presentation however is very nice.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8637 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Loved David Acer's presentation here, so enjoyable. Smile Sorta like a stand-up version of Bill Malone. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3258 Posts

Profile of warren
David Acer has a fantastic personality I could watch him for hours superb Smile
dj
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, scotchrocket wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Max T. Oz wrote:

I mentioned above that David Stone had one with 3 coins only. For those interested, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7VpuzyYBM

This is a fun little routine, too; great (minimal) use of being one behind.

His presentation is lightning quick. Bang, bang, bang, it's all happening.

There is another nice version by David Stone:
https://youtu.be/Ek2mboiQuJY

And here is a version by David Roth.
He uses a champagne glass:
https://youtu.be/a-YA5d9ggnM
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8637 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for posting, dj...Man, those guys are so good. Smile I like all the new stuff, but when you see a Roth or Stone at their best like this, you come to realize that really there's not much that's any better. Just fabulous work! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Yes, DJ, 'Cash Money' on David Stones vid has some real advantages.
For one, if you leave out the jumbo, there is no reset. You use 4 coins only. Which makes it great for strolling. A worker.
Luv that routine Smile
Thanx for posting.
dj
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Max T. Oz wrote:
Yes, DJ, 'Cash Money' on David Stones vid has some real advantages.
For one, if you leave out the jumbo, there is no reset. You use 4 coins only. Which makes it great for strolling. A worker.
Luv that routine Smile
Thanx for posting.

Many years ago, David Stone performed exactly this routine at a magic convention but with only three silver dollars (he used three silver dollars and no half dollars) and I was right in front of him.
It was very impressive.

Darko
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8637 Posts

Profile of Mb217
David Stone is one of the premier closeup men that I have been influenced by most over the years...He's good at it all, coins, cards, whatever! Smile Very hard for guys that only do one thing to stand next to him in greater magical comparison.

magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1221 Posts

Profile of magicman29
David Williamson does a nice coin through glass on his penguin lecture.

Kieran
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Couple of questions - does the glass with a **** in the bottom or a sl** in the side help in this kind of routine? In terms of practical - too risky that the coin will drop back out or that the **** will be seen from the wrong angle?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2020, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Couple of questions - does the glass with a **** in the bottom or a sl** in the side help in this kind of routine? In terms of practical - too risky that the coin will drop back out or that the **** will be seen from the wrong angle?

Interesting idea Jonathan. I have never seen this in a coin to glass but have seen something similar in a Misers Dream bucket.

My glass is ungimmicked...but we're not sure about the magician LOL

Of note, the coins I use are larger & heavier than Silver Dollars...and make a great audible clink.

The 3 Coins cost me $25 each or $100 for the set Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Whoops!, sorry I did not intend to guess at or discuss your methods. The routine you posted looks fine. And thanks for showing it. I like that you display the coins up where they are visible.

Many published approaches to the effect have this odd action of picking up the glass like claw reaching down into a bin of prizes. Other approaches have worked from a different hold - and some of them involved flipping the coin up and into the glass. Heck, I even tried leaving the glass on the table and dropping a coin in from EG to get that first coin across. If I had more nerve I'd go with the bottom **** and use John Kennedy's visible method. Things getting tangled, then dropped over the years set that project to rest.

So folks, since you know there's an opportunity to get lauded for something that gets around the classic claw - what do you think?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1823 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Kennedy's version was an interesting approach, though I too don't like working with things that tangle.
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
171 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
I ‘m stil looking for the great routine ‘coin in glass’. The truth is I have seen many, but almost all held the hand over the glass. Maybe I ‘m suspicious but I think it doesn’t work for me. I ‘m looking for a routine you held the glass like useall. You will ‘throw or drop in a movement’ the coins in glass.

Also I know I make it hard for me to find, because I like/love to watch the magic at DVD’s, Because it give me so much inspiration. I know there is an ocean of materials (books, notes, etc.) written, only just a small selection is at dvd. But to see good magic (and the possibility to learn. Not level very advanced/Asian high skilled), I beleave in the magic and give me a good feeling also to learn.

The version of David stone looks nice. I will take look. Also a part of Mr. Pearls routine gave me an idea. Maybe an combination is possible for the routine I want.
For now I ‘m learning C@sh, C@sh from David Stone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to Glass Discussion (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL