The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Doing live show for kids via Zoom (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
If the client prefers to be the host (particularly if you are dropping in to perform a 30 minute set within a larger birthday party Zoom conference that the client is running), have the client make you a co-host from their computer. Then, once you are a co-host, you can Spotlight your own video so that the audience members see you and your show take up most of the available space on their individual computer screens.

The audience needs to know that they must watch in Speaker View (which shows the person currently speaking) rather than Gallery View (which shows all the attendees in a mosaic of much smaller autonomous images). The mosaic format will make you and your show look very small on their screen and what the other attendees are doing simultaneously may also be distracting.

To help you with audience interaction, even if you are ‘Spotlighted’ as the main speaker, you can select Gallery View for your own computer and you can see all the audience at once - assuming you are performing to less than 20 different households/computer screens.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1176 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Well, I didn't expect to be mentioned in Barron's magazine, but you never know. It's about a Zoom show I did, I think it was my first one. Second paragraph from bottom: https://www.barrons.com/articles/top-adv......?mod=RTA . By the way, I only found out cause I subscribe to Google Alerts, which I suggest doing so you know whenever you are mention online.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3176 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I just thought of an idea to make the Zoom show feel more like you're really there. Ask the parent to put a box on a table. In your show tell the kids that for the next trick you need a fork (for instance). Send them off looking for a fork then ask them to put it in the box. You then reach into your box and pull out a fork and do a trick with it.

At the endo fo the show you put all the borrowed items back in the box and ask the kids to put them away.

If you have jumbo props like a giant pencil you could ask the kids to put a pencil in the box and then something goes wron and the pencil turns into a giant pencil on your end.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Russo
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Russo
Mike, GREAT ideas - at 83, not real P/C literate - only have a laptop ,daughter gave me a while ago -so just surf and communicate and learn how to operate this thing - talk to my Vent, figure (L-O-L). Again , great ideas for Kid participate in this isolation age. Ralph
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1609 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
One problem is, most use their phone to watch the performance. Phones microphone are not very strong and with the kids sitting back, you can hardly hear their voices.
Also, I send the customer instruction sheets to forward to the viewers. One is for viewers to right click on Tricky Ricky and select PIN MY VIDEO, this allows them to see me at all times, no matter who talks.
Most don't comply, because they like to see their faces shows up on the screen.
The best way to have a good performance is for the views to use a laptop, Desktop or iPad' no TV screen or you will get a feed back or echo.
Tricky Ricky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Doing live show for kids via Zoom (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL