The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Prop carrier (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
For impromptu and informal gatherings I tend to carry a pack of cards and several other small items. These I usually keep in my pockets. However I feel they would be better kept in a carrier or proper card case/box. I have seen Joshua Jay has released a Pro Carrier Deluxe which is a possibility and wonder if anyone has any particular recommendations? Thanks

Neil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I think that his pro carrier is nice if you are wanting to carry your impromptu show on your person. If you are looking for something that can hold your items that you are going to place into your pockets to give the feeling of impromptu performance, I have one of these...
https://dexprotection.com/product/creati......deckbox/

For storage, it has room for about 8 decks of cards (why someone would need that many for a close up show is beyond me), though I have a some packet tricks, some string, some coin holders with Hopping Half, David Roth’s Coins Across, JJ Coin Coalition, business cards for OTL, a Leo Smesters Mini Harmonica Chop Cup and Balls, some readied John C Ultimate Positive Negative, a pendulum, two regular decks of cards and an Invisible Deck. Defiantly much more than what’s needed for any show. It is small enough to fit in my car or even be carried in the saddlebags of my motorcycle.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The you have a prop case you can forget sent impromptu feel to what you are doing. It is that simple. Like him or not David Blaine has an impromptu feel he puts across.

I have personally never understood close up cases and why they are needed. In any given situation are you ever going to do every trick you know?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Danny, yes, I agree about carrying the case for impromptu. The box I use is for carry and storage only. I do not have it on person. I mentioned that it is small enough for those that want to carry their things table to table.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks for your input. Basically I was just looking for something to carry and protect items rather than actually have it on display in performance - just a handy small carrier.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I use an old fashion doctor's case. Lots of great versions on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=doctors+bag&c......s_i_1_11
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Some folks like the "High Caliber Holster" for carrying cards and props. Not sure if they are still being made.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Jonmaddgician
View Profile
New user
Perth, Western Australia
72 Posts

Profile of Jonmaddgician
I've also found those running belts pretty useful if you don't carry a lot. They're cheap as, & come is different colours & configurations depending on the supplier/manufacturer. Some are stretchy & can have smaller pockets, which can hold a set of Ninja Rings & a deck of cards in separate pockets. There's also non stretchy types that are a bit bulkier when empty, but can hold up to 3 decks of cards. Just look up "running belt" or "running belt zipper".
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
That's a great idea. Thanks.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Although WAY out of style... a good ol' fanny pack will do what you want
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
It was out of style, now it is back in!

Quote:
On Apr 8, 2020, Scott Horn wrote:
Although WAY out of style... a good ol' fanny pack will do what you want
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Dude. A fanny pack? May as well grow a mullet too.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I would never want some exposed carrier, pouch or whatever on me while performing.
Wearing something like this tells my audience I need props coming from that pouch to perform "tricks" or "puzzles". It's not magic, it's the prop from that bag. Sure I wear a sport jacket and use my pockets or the pockets in my pants but it's so very different in perception. IMO
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
Dude. A fanny pack? May as well grow a mullet too.

Yea this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
For impromptu, I'll carry a couple packets of cards in a credit card wallet. I use one packet for a couple of routines and I have B'wave handy if they want to see more. I may also have Ring And String, Scotch And Soda and/or Copper/Silver/Sudsbury Penny on hand for an extended set. Since finding the right jacket, with the right kinds of pockets in the right places, I've been able to keep props on me, regularly.
sylmagic
View Profile
New user
France
22 Posts

Profile of sylmagic
I always thought: what makes it magic is the illusion that the props appear from no-where
So I manage to load and reload in a discreet manner.
bless you.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Maybe the Strolling Pouch is something you may want: http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=64

it just clips onto your belt
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I proudly wear my fanny pack when I table-hop (not so often these days, but still...). The nice thing is that you can swivel the pack to the front and use the pouch top as a tiny table attached to your belt. With a Velcro tab on top, a sponge ball will cling to it temporarily while you work your sponge routine, and you can even let a card deck rest on it momentarily without fear of losing it. As for davidpaul$'s objections - they are meaningless. If you are table-hopping, you are obviously performing magic tricks or puzzles and whether you take them from your meticulously fashionable suit jacket or a fanny/front belt pack is just part of the show. One of my "moves" is when I go looking for my handkerchief, I check all my pockets and look in the fanny/front pack and don't find it. Then I just say, "Oh, what the hay!" and snatch the large silk handkerchief out of the air. Gets a laugh and lets them know I don't really need the pack for props.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea David made a good point and it is not "meaningless".

Go ahead and proudly wear that fanny pack. I'm sure it looks great on you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jB0nJ64cgmU
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I table hopped for about a year and never once needed a fanny pack. I managed to carry quite a bit in the jacket and pants pockets while managing to avoid, how shall we say, unsightly bulges.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Prop carrier (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL