The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Marketing During House Arrest (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
Who else wants to share some of your marketing ideas during Covid House Arrest?

Here are a few things I've been doing

1. Been keeping my newsletter going, not mentioning the virus, but using a few extra hopeful quotes

2. Email marketing continues going

3. I've called everyone of my contracts for this year and all past clients to check in on them

4. I had both of my websites updated and polished.

Looking forward to hearing what you are doing.

Also, if you want specifics on anything I mentioned, let me know and I will elaborate. I'm not guru, but the few things I do, are done consistently and they work for me. Different things work for each of us, so sharing ideas I think is a good idea!
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2263 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
The only thing I’ve done that is related to marketing is polishing up my web site a little.

My busy season is summer and almost all of my clients booked before this hit. So, there is very little for me to do except to wait and hope life returns to normal by then.

Normally this would be my time to create new routines. However, with no clear deadline to have this accomplished I find myself procrastinating on that also.

This time period has become a chance for me to catch up on home repairs and home improvement projects and take a break from business.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Staying in contact with a newsletter, polishing up the marketing and working on new shows to offer.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1062 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I’m currently going through a great online course on branding and marketing.

Trying to keep my mind open about the future and what it can bring.

I’ve been polishing up the websites not just on the front end but also the back end as it relates to SEO, e-mail lists etc.

Mostly I’ve been using this time to learn. I’ve been reading some biographies from former Disney Imagineers for example. Also learning new magic from the Johnny Thompson books that I have previously not been able to just sit down and read.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2735 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
ThomasR, If you like the Disney stuff and you ever get the oppourtinty read "Inside The Magic Kingdom" by Tom Connellan
It's a great book on running a business.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
753 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
I have been so slammed with people wanting help.
It's been crazy. Went from 3 or 4 people a week to that per day.

This week I am trying to get 4 new landing pages up and live.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9906 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I feel for you Mike, as I have had the exact same happening here too. This pandemic really exposed cracks, leaks, holes, and weaknesses in many's businesses. Also, many others are pivoting to something new or additional, whether it be new and/or additional sources of income within their business, or a different and/or additional business model altogether.

I know many have been bummed, depressed, and fed-up during all of this, but to me that is a choice, as is taking control of your business, seeing this all as a very special and unique opportunity to not have to worry about performances, and solely focus on business without distractions or interruptions. Many that I work with have stepped up their weekly coaching sessions to having them now twice or three times a week to really get the most out of this time and opportunity.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1062 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Well I would say it's pretty natural to be a little depressed during a global pandemic. But I do agree... you have to view this time as a unique opportunity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Marketing During House Arrest (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL