The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Elmsley Count -- trouble making cards visible to spectators when seated (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On May 3, 2020, Russ182 wrote:
I am sure Guy Hollingworth discussed this and does a vertical count at chest height
Where do you recall Guy discussing the how-to of vertical false counts? He discusses how to spread the cards for his alignment procedure and the sleight which happens during the "wave" yet I'm missing where he discusses the basic block transfer needed to do Elmsley (even) and Hamman (odd) counts.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
This is probably not the answere your are looking for, but it works for me. If I am sitting, I simply extend my hands so they are closer to the viewers. Naturally, I must keep keep the hands fairly close to table top so they can be seen. However, the easiest for me is to stand in a crouch position.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, bobmag56. Crouch position wouldn't work for me due to back problems, but I'm glad it works for you! I think I have a pretty good solution, though, which is just to turn my wrist and forearm a bit after each take, so that the taking hand is horizontal with its palm facing spectators.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Elmsley Count -- trouble making cards visible to spectators when seated (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL