The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favourite Artworks (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'm currently participating in a costume challenge on Instagram and looking for a scene/painting to recreate and found a plethora of beautiful work by Julien Dupre.

My main problem is I don't have any cows to work with.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
I love the bronze statues around the Hall of Memory in Birmingham; perhaps because I used to play on them as a child.

http://www.victorianweb.org/sculpture/toft/33.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2727 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
We had a destroyer cannon and an anchor in a park near me that we used to play on. I have a distinct memory of a park somewhere (probably Cal.) where they put a stripped out jet in the playground! That was fun to play in.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Art has become a game. People no longer go to concerts to just sit and listen to music but go to concerts to play, to interact, to be part of the art. Disney Land is a work of art that folk can get into.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Jules Breton did a bunch of paintings with these neon suns. The light in these is amazing. Which digital copies are most accurate, I don't know. I'll look into that further. Here's an example I might be able to pull off by April 30th:
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4808 Posts

Profile of landmark
This Picasso recreation was fun:

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie

Artist: William Henry Howe
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I think I'm going to start a thread in "The Clothes We Wear" regarding painting/photo reenactments. I'll bring a link back here. Here's what I came up with last night- not necessarily a favourite artwork, but one I could work with. I usually try to be more precise with these but it was 2 a.m. and I was done. I needed to be looking just a little less directly to the camera, more to the light, which I made a mental note of, but:

Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Actually, I'll be working on more costume stuff on my blog ASAP, so I'll just invite anyone who might be interested in painting/photo recreations/costume challenges to follow up there (link in signature) and on instagram @magicalaurie. Re. upcycling I'm working on: follow #magicalauriesmetamorphoses on Instagram. All of my work is handstitched- I don't use a sewing machine. Smile

<- I made the dress in my current avatar from a table cloth. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4808 Posts

Profile of landmark
A few minor substitutions...

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favourite Artworks (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL