The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » JUMBO CARD SWORD ROUTINE HELP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Son of a Beat
View Profile
New user
Montréal, Canada
82 Posts

Profile of Son of a Beat
Eeeee?
Jumbo Card Sword he said!
Need help here on a storyline.

I'm working on a routine: I want to adapt a standard Card Sword plot for my elder residences show. I'm having trouble to get a clear instant image of the reveals, as many forget the cards at the end. I want to come back to the three spectators one at the time to make a real point that THIS IS YOUR CARD, three times, with a clear image for everybody to see.

Cards reveal on the swords are, of course, not Jumbo, but have jumbo indexes (but I'm sure we could do something about it with plastic jumbo cards and a DIY "Manual" sword (Pendragon,...)

My first idea was just big drawing pad, and to write the names of the cards, but of course it"s not logical as they don't want me to know the cards. So I'm looking for a way to get the three spectators to have their card, jumbo size, standing up. As I name and show cards on the sword, they trun their card and I pick it up to show above the heads to everyone to see IT'S A MATCH (as the card are not signed or corner-torned of course).

So, they pick JUMBO size, I stab Poker size. I'm wondering how to get there logically. Of course, the classic WHEN I COUNT TO THREE joke is a good out as my backup deck won't be a jumbo but a small one. Big cards returned to a standard deck joke. Then I missed with the sword (Hopfully they were big enough...)

Is there another good story line lead I'm forgetting?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » JUMBO CARD SWORD ROUTINE HELP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL