We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What is this Trick- Four Blue Sticks, four grey-brown sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
46 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
There was a really good trick I had once, by Tenyo I believe. It was four Blue plastic sticks and four tan. There was a symbol on each (actually two symbols, but audience didn’t know that). Is that trick still around. It was great!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Are you thinking of Match-Sticks? They have numbers on them, not symbols.

That one is long discontinued and somewhat scarce these days. I actually have a spare used set with the instructions. If you are interested, please PM me.
dangrey
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of dangrey
Tenyo Elite made Tenyo's Matchstick in wood as well.
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
91 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
The trick is long gone from my collection but I still have the instructions. may have to buy the elite version. I believe it comes with a duplicate ungimmicked set to switch out at the end. great effect.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Elite version also tough to find as only a small amount were made. Have also heard that some were not 100% satisfied with the look and finish of some sets. Would love to see another higher end version made, possibly in brass and a silver metal.
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I don't think wood with exposed grain is a good material for this trick. I like John's idea of brass and silver metal. A really nice set in high gloss black and white lacquer would be great too.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2437 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The material used by Tenyo Elite for their Fortune Sticks (anodized aluminium) would have been perfect for a high end Match sticks set!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, simcoscor wrote:
The material used by Tenyo Elite for their Fortune Sticks (anodized aluminium) would have been perfect for a high end Match sticks set!

That thought was a common agreement among many way back when they released the wood version.

Any material which is durable enough to withstand wear and tear without showing scratches and other various marks from use would be suitable.

Unfortunately, most types of wood are the worst way to go with that set of props.
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
46 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
I finally had some time to make a set. It is a very light wood, but I think it turned out okay.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What is this Trick- Four Blue Sticks, four grey-brown sticks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL