The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Bad Magic Marketing (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2735 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Alexa, “Describe bad magic marketing”

Alexa: “When the magician tells their prospects to shut up and listen for the next 20 minutes while they do their canned presentation.
Then they force the prospect to watch twelve card tricks”

The Lesson: It’s important to talk ‘with’ the prospect and not ‘at’ them. Listening is the key that unlocks the sale.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2735 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Alexa, “Tell Danny what you said”

Alexa: “Bad marketing is when the magician tells their prospects to shut up and listen for the next 20 minutes while they do their
canned presentation. Then they force the prospect to watch twelve card tricks”

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1142 Posts

Profile of imgic
Somebody just got a new Amazon Echo...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Somebody thinks they are clever LOL.

Meanwhile someone also is confusing sales with marketing. The two are not interchangeable. This highlights a MAJOR problem. It is just so basic, and yet overlooked.

Marketing and sales are two different skills. I have seen many a brilliant marketer who just could not sell anything. I have seen many great salesmen who have no clue about an overall picture of marketing. The tow are NOT interchangeable. Marketing is probably what got you in the door to do the card tricks and blow sales.

Here is the point probably made better than I am.
https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/sales-and-marketing

From the link.
"What's the difference between sales and marketing?

Marketing informs and attracts leads and prospects to your company and product or service. Sales, on the other hand, works directly with prospects to reinforce the value of the company's solution to convert prospects into customers."

Words are important.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2735 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Of course there is a difference in sales and marketing.
Marketing is getting the customer to the product/service;
sales is getting the product/service to the customer.

But there is no rule that says you can’t put both together.

Tom

www.tomboleware.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2735 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Is sales a part of marketing strategy or is marketing a part of sales strategy? That’s a debate that has been going on for a long time. But in the end professionals from both sides of the debate can probably agree that without sales there is no business.

But anyways, speaking of my 34,903.5 businesses, I do want to take a minute and talk about one of them.

I have been an ebay seller since Sept 2000, that’s almost twenty years now. While I am officially retired now, I’m 73 years old, I do still have an ebay store and manage two other ebay accounts. I’m listed as a top rated seller, and that’s easy to check out on ebay. Today I deal mostly with collectibles, trading cards, coins, etc. But I have sold just about everything on ebay. It’s a very profitable, easy fun to do at home business that anybody can do.

I’m saying this not to brag but to say that if anyone reading this may need help during these slow times with getting started on ebay, I will be glad to help. I will do anything I can to help those out of work and looking for ways to make some extra money. No charge on my part. All you need to get started is a computer and a camera or iphone to take pictures with. And if you’re already a seller maybe I can give you some helpful tips. I’m been a power seller for many years now.

Just thought I would throw that out there since some may be out of work for awhile yet. Stay Inside and Stay Safe.

Tom

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Bad Magic Marketing (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL