The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stealth! A thought of card at a number out now. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Thanks for all the comments.

I'm going to get this since the performance video is so fair. It reveals quite a bit, and I think I am 95% of the way to knowing the method. But John deserves the remuneration for his creativity and the sharing of the uncut video!

I think a good way to perform this is as the last "after thought" effect. You put your ordinary deck away that you have been using and then say "Oh how about one more!"

Phil
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2020, docguitarman wrote:
Thanks for all the comments.

I'm going to get this since the performance video is so fair. It reveals quite a bit, and I think I am 95% of the way to knowing the method. But John deserves the remuneration for his creativity and the sharing of the uncut video!

I think a good way to perform this is as the last "after thought" effect. You put your ordinary deck away that you have been using and then say "Oh how about one more!"

Phil

Just purchased it. The method brought a big smile to my face. I wasn't 95% of the way there! Maybe 95% of the way down the wrong fork in the road!!!!

It is strong ! I recommend it highly !

Bravo John!!!

Phil
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
A change in the setup that made TuneHV , make the outcome more convincing . thank you TuneHV .
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2020, avimag51 wrote:
A change in the setup that made TuneHV , make the outcome more convincing . thank you TuneHV .

Are you gonna share ?
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:

Are you gonna share ?

it's not my idea . if you have the trick , send PM to TuneHV , I think he will share you .
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:

Are you gonna share ?

PM me, I can't reveal it on this public thread as it would expose the method
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mmmm Debating to get this but how do I know if the spectator can shuffle? so there is a chance if not shuffled right ,it gets messed up?,love Johns material but think I will have to pass.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, Fire Starter wrote:
Mmmm Debating to get this but how do I know if the spectator can shuffle? so there is a chance if not shuffled right ,it gets messed up?,love Johns material but think I will have to pass.

Straight from the eBook:

"Ask your participant to riffle shuffle the deck and then square up."
Can't be messed up unless he drops the deck and cards scatter all over the floor.
It's very good IMO

Phil
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, docguitarman wrote:
Quote:

Straight from the eBook:

"Ask your participant to riffle shuffle the deck and then square up."
Can't be messed up unless he drops the deck and cards scatter all over the floor.
It's very good IMO

Phil

Spectator shuffling the deck was pointed out prior to my purchase BTW.

Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, Blueroyalty wrote:
Ahhh very clever method indeed! Gotta love how simple and hands off this is. I smiled when reading through the pdf. <b>The spectator being able to riffle shuffle is a nice touch. </b> John has come up with another worker and brilliant alternative to the CAAN plot.

Phil
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Um Fooled badly !
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
83 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
Quote:

I picked this up, really like it. Very clever! As far as letting the spectator shuffle but being concerned that perhaps they won't do it properly: Just shuffle it yourself! What I typically do in situations like this is begin the tabled riffle shuffle while pattering, then stopping myself as if I had an idea, go "Actually, you shuffle them. Push these two mixed halves together-- perfect!" Now it is 100% sure-fire and you've created the perception that /they/ shuffled the deck (and the deck was actually shuffled, so not much of a fib eh!), and you can (and usually should) re-iterate that at the end.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, SoloDoubleAct wrote:
Quote:

I picked this up, really like it. Very clever! As far as letting the spectator shuffle but being concerned that perhaps they won't do it properly: Just shuffle it yourself! What I typically do in situations like this is begin the tabled riffle shuffle while pattering, then stopping myself as if I had an idea, go "Actually, you shuffle them. Push these two mixed halves together-- perfect!" Now it is 100% sure-fire and you've created the perception that /they/ shuffled the deck (and the deck was actually shuffled, so not much of a fib eh!), and you can (and usually should) re-iterate that at the end.

I misread Fire Starter's question, doh!

I would add the "rosette shuffle" where you twirl the two talons and have the spectator mush them together. Ask the spectator if they can riffle shuffle and if they say no, do the rosette shuffle.

Phil
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Docguitarman, Thank you Phil for your good honest answer and advice, will get this and as said I can shuffle my self if I have to, yeah I have my days, some on here love to keep banging on when some one is fooled, who cares, I don't ,nice to be fooled, I even get paid to fool people myself and the pay is darn good at times.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, SoloDoubleAct wrote:
Quote:

excellent idea thank you
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
So I got this and absolutely love it,can't stop playing about with it and have set up 4 decks,some nice little Mentalism ideas coming to mind.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Purchased and it’s a nice take on the plot.
Kudos again John.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Purchased 'Sublime self working card tricks' oh boy some absolute gems in this Download, 'John Carey' awesome sir.
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
For those that have this. What’s the math like if any? My brain and numbers are like peanut butter and tuna. Not a good combo
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, btwigg wrote:
For those that have this. What’s the math like if any? My brain and numbers are like peanut butter and tuna. Not a good combo

No math. Self working. Easy and a stunner!
Regards,
Phil
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2020, docguitarman wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, btwigg wrote:

No math. Self working. Easy and a stunner!
Regards,
Phil

Thank you sir!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stealth! A thought of card at a number out now. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL