The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » My signature is not showing under my posts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
I have tried to add a signature from 'My Profile' » » 'Edit My Profile' and then by putting the text in the 'Signature' text box. But when I click the 'Submit' button. the text in the 'Signature' text box disappears. And it doesn't show under my posts either. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Is your signature over 255 characters?

Did you click the box on profile settings {Edit my Preferences) to allow signature on all posts?
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2020, Animated Puppets wrote:
Is your signature over 255 characters?

No, it's only 101 characters.

Quote:
On Apr 16, 2020, Animated Puppets wrote:
Did you click the box on profile settings {Edit my Preferences) to allow signature on all posts?

Yes.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You don't have a signature in your profile. Under your profile, type your signature in the box at the bottom and submit. Then go to Edit preferences and click the "always show my signature"
Where the magic begins
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2020, Dave Scribner wrote:
You don't have a signature in your profile. Under your profile, type your signature in the box at the bottom and submit. Then go to Edit preferences and click the "always show my signature"

I tried all of that. But as soon as I click the 'Submit' button. the text in the 'Signature' box disappears.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I sent you a pm. BTW, 101 characters is rather long for a signature line.
Where the magic begins
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I see you've solved the problem and your signature line is appearing as it should
Where the magic begins
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, Dave Scribner wrote:
I see you've solved the problem and your signature line is appearing as it should

Couldn't do it with text even though it contained less than 256 characters. The signature you're seeing now is actually an image.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
If you had responded to my PM, I could have figured out what the problem was and hopefully resolved for you. In any case, your signature is showing. If you would respond to my PM, I'd still like to see if I can figure out the problem and incidentally, the number of characters in the signature has nothing to do with. We have signatures that are much larger than that even though we don't like it.
Where the magic begins
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Thank you for your quick responses. But since the signature is now showing properly as I required, you don't need to bother.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » My signature is not showing under my posts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL