The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best tricks with normal silver and copper and chinese coin (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
102 Posts

Profile of walidosama
Hi guys

am looking for a good tricks that can be done

with normal silver and copper and chinese coins

i prefer if you guide me to a book but any help is appreciate

thank you
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Get a couple extra copper and chinese. and do your own csb with some palming.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2018 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
This might be better asked in the "Nothing up my Sleeve" section which is dedicated to gaffless coin work.

If you've got a C/S coin handy, Anthony Miller's "Cheap Way Cop/Sil/Brass", Apocalypse Vol. 6-10 (Vol. 8 No. 1), page 1016
uses just a single C/S coin, though it calls for the Chinese coin to be quarter-sized, but small enough to cleanly hide behind the other coins is probably enough.
Degio
View Profile
New user
It took me years to get to
94 Posts

Profile of Degio
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, inigmntoya wrote:
If you've got a C/S coin handy, Anthony Miller's "Cheap Way Cop/Sil/Brass", Apocalypse Vol. 6-10 (Vol. 8 No. 1), page 1016.

Thanks inigmntoya!
This was truly a fantastic hidden gem!
Much easier than Latta's one.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hi Wali, Send me a pm and I will send you some no gaff routines. thanks
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
93 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
Carl Andrew's Penguin live has a number of very commercial coin routines using 'normal' coins. You might like his "Big Change in Little China". It starts off as a copper silver routine and ends with a 'brass kicker'.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8658 Posts

Profile of funsway
I developed an incredible routine using a Copper, Silver and Chinese coin (normal) but does employ an "EXP [

It has multiple impossible transportations far beyond and "C/S/B theme) - including in a spectator's hand when that becomes possible again.

If you can allow the Shell, or just wish to explore some different approaches to very visual magic, write ken@eversway.com
as gift for the homebound.

No photos or video though, my crippled hands can barely hold the coins. So, be prepared to ask questions if the written explanations are not detailed enough.

Happy cloister!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5002 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
There is actually an effect by John Carey in this month's Penguin Monthly (April 2020 for those reading this 100 years from now).
It is titled "International Coins Across" and looks good in print (just got it in yesterday's mail and have not played with it yet.

If you happen to have a C/S coin, in addition to (and matching two of the coins) I have had this download for years and like the routine
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2767 "Foreign Exchange" by Josh Janousky.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Yes Wally, you should have received the 100s of routines by now.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8658 Posts

Profile of funsway
Best thing about using a Chinese coin is that you can segue to CCC or some other ring and coin effect and then to ring on string
and escape from too much focus on coins (from a spectator's view) Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Charming Chinese challenge. I second the vote on getting a cs coin...Curtis kam, Doug brewer and Chris Korn have no gaff csb routines
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3834 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
In my new book RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC (out the middle of May) there is a copper silver brass routine that is done with normal coins. It can be followed by CSB coins across and a CSB vanish, all in the book.
You can find earlier versions of my routine in the NYCMS dvd series and on the Penguin Live dvd/download.
First edition sold out in RECORD TIME, but don't despair, you can still get your signed copy and special FREE GIFT!! BE SURE TO ORDER NOW, AS I ONLY HAVE A FEW LEFT THAT I CAN SIGN!! When they go, I won't get ANY MORE that I can sign!!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! To get ordering information, email me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Dr Rubinstein, I would be willing to preoder with you. One of the few names in magic I trust to that extent. Looking forward to it.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3834 Posts

Thank you. I don't want to take preorders until I get the actual copy and pack it, then find out the shipping costs. But pm me your e mail so I can keep a list of those interested.
First edition sold out in RECORD TIME, but don't despair, you can still get your signed copy and special FREE GIFT!! BE SURE TO ORDER NOW, AS I ONLY HAVE A FEW LEFT THAT I CAN SIGN!! When they go, I won't get ANY MORE that I can sign!!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! To get ordering information, email me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
CopSilBrass, by Geoffrey Latta. From the book Coinmagic, Richard Kaufman, 1992, page 148.

Douglas M.
Threecard
View Profile
New user
Sunny Arizona
94 Posts

Profile of Threecard
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2020, Douglas.M wrote:
CopSilBrass, by Geoffrey Latta. From the book Coinmagic, Richard Kaufman, 1992, page 148.

Douglas M.

Also Stephen Minch & Stephen Hobbs "The Long Goodbye" p 196 (I haven't watched the included DVD so it might be there too) and the "New York Coin Magic Seminar Vol 2" at 1:05:52. Fantastic routine that doesn't use the traditional gaff set.
Nev Blenk
View Profile
New user
Northumberland UK
57 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2020, Douglas.M wrote:

Douglas M.

The second change is one of the most satisfying in coin magic. Even while practicing you cannot help but smile.

Nev
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
I love doing a triple spellbound with three coins of different contrast.
Todd
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3834 Posts

ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Excellent Michael.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best tricks with normal silver and copper and chinese coin (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL