The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IMPOSSIBLE by Hank & Himitsu Magic (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1701 Posts

Profile of Ross W
For the price, I doubt you're getting anything clever.

Ten cards and a bunch of tips on how to improvise to get the result you want is my guess.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1945 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
That’s also what I initially thought but then they mention a gimmick. Unless the gimmick is the cards themselves...
Ben
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
The link where the trick is performed to Xavior Spade is at the Murphy's Magic original link. On the right there's a "review" quote where you can see it.

It certainly looks like a clever marking system and attractive cards, mixed with several principles.

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, Phatmeat wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, AndrewI wrote:
Just watched the video with Xavier Spade and it’s becoming a little clearer now.

Link?
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
118 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
I love point 5 on Murphy's ad copy.

"5. Absolute combat"
Dreda
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Yes it's jazz mentalism just like in Jazz mentalism, Rhine's Revenge, ESPissimo, ESPionage, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Spw4NX......be&t=270
JBD
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of JBD
Clever use of multiple methods in play...
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2599 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, JBD wrote:
Clever use of multiple methods in play...

It is also very reasonably priced.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2072 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looking forward to see reviews on this. The price is really good!
JBD
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of JBD
Himitsu sell a few excellent effects and are normally keenly priced. Customer support has also been very good!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1859 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
From the ad: "The performance must have been broken a thousand times." Smile (BTW I'm NOT blaming the creator, this is Murphy's responsability)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
JBD
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of JBD
I am not saying this is the case with the effect Impossible. Although I have been burned with other trailers making an effect look more than it is!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1677 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
If you already know jazz Mentalism, you may have had the idea of using cards with colors instead of ESP symbols . . . for instance, drawing circles with colored pencils on the back of your m****d business cards?

Or using two sets of matching postcards from around the world.

Or photographs of whatever.

Etc.

What you're getting with Impossible is a pre-made set with (I'd guess) easy to read back m****ngs.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, Recoplon wrote:

It certainly looks like a clever marking system and attractive cards, mixed with several principles.

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, jerdunn wrote:

What you're getting with Impossible is a pre-made set with (I'd guess) easy to read back m****ngs.

The demo vid might lure you, but IMO it uses the age old marked cards. Nothing new IMO.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
No. Nothing new here. Nothing more than Jazz Mentalism. And the quality of the cards is not as good as I expected. It's nothing like USPCC finish. But still I think I will use it because color cards for EPS effects are more suitable for some occasions.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2599 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I agree this has all the hallmarks of Jazz Mentalism but I am hoping some new nuances will have been added.

What I like about this is that I have found using colours in routines to be very effective. Also, given that the cards are likely to be marked, they can also be used in other divinatory effects and not just the one shown. This is why I think these cards and effect could be an attractive as well as reasonably priced proposition.

Neil
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Hi, Neil. I agree with you. Cards can be used for other effects than matching. The marking is not groundbreaking but subtle enogh and still easy to read. Colors are vivid.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of academy
Is there any photo somewhere that shows the back of the cards?
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
110 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
While the price is ok, there is nothing new here and there are many better effects for around the same money, or a little bit more. The market is flooded with this type of effect it's all about spending money on a wow factor, that does what it says and is so straight forward simple and effective, now that magic is always worth waiting for !!! Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
110 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, Ross W wrote:
For the price, I doubt you're getting anything clever.

Ten cards and a bunch of tips on how to improvise to get the result you want is my guess.

All Correct
Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
4 years ago, I designed and manufactured (through an actual playing card company) my own deck of coloured cards which replaces an ESP deck (5 colours, with 5 of each) titled the "GROBY (Green,Red, Orange, Blue, Yellow) Deck" - a name suggested to me by Tom Cutts. They are quite attractive and created quite a stir when I posted pics of them on my FB page; you can view them there. The cards feature a very subtle one-way back design and are also marked. They are also quite eye-popping. Interest in my deck has renewed again recently and it looks as though I may attempt a crowdfunder to produce a larger run of these to accommodate the demand.

This second run of the deck will likely be 100% plastic playing card stock so that they will last a lifetime. These will come with a hinged plastic case to house the cards and will include two decks inside - including a few matching standard gaffs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IMPOSSIBLE by Hank & Himitsu Magic (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL