We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IMPOSSIBLE by Hank & Himitsu Magic (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Pixelated
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
I'm definitely interested in your cards Sudo, I'll keep an eye out!
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I am, too. Very much inerested.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Me too
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Count me in too.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
377 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Same here, I'd be in on that. Sounds like a great idea.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4183 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Save your money. Absolutely nothing new here. Identical method to ESPionage and some of the other effects mentioned. Demo was an ideal scenario. It always works but won’t play out like the demo often. You will need to jazz as others have mentioned. Cards are not air cushion finished so they don’t spread well. I think the necessary dirty work on the cards is well disguised and will never be noticed but could have been clearer in my opinion. Given that there is nothing new here, I’m surprised it got picked up and hyped like it did.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9335 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’d love to see what top names in the industry are saying about this. Smile
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have yet to see or handle the cards but I don't think they should be dismissed.

While virtually all of us thought this was Jazz Mentalism (nothing new here) it is definitely possible to use these cards in other ways and routines. One of my most favourite effects is a colour revelation because colours have psychological significance and can also be used as a springboard to other effects (Think and thank Michael Murray here.)

Another value of the cards is that they are marked which also opens up many other possibilities.

As far as handling is concerned, it is not necessarily a bad thing that that they are not smooth. This gets away from them being a magic prop. (The superb cards produced by Paralabs are deliberately designed so they do not handle slickly, look more authentic and in keeping with experimental testing.) Should you wish, you could always add fanning powder to the cards.

Neil
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2098 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Penguin just posted a review, and it's only one star.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Reviews are just subjective unless the trick itself is just plain bad. Some like it, some don't. Likes are irrelevant. There have been many releases here on the Café that were brilliant but some in the community feel it necessary to be negative. Don't trash a trick over likes.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
Reviews are just subjective unless the trick itself is just plain bad. Some like it, some don't. Likes are irrelevant. There have been many releases here on the Café that were brilliant but some in the community feel it necessary to be negative. Don't trash a trick over likes.

Best

Steve

Read the review. It’s not a casual matter of like or dislike at all.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
This review specifically addressed the quality of the cards which is what many are interested in.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
The Penguin review says

First, the paper stock upon which they are printed is flimsy, cheep card stock. Cards from the Dollar Store have better quality. With a few spectator handlings, they are sure to become bent, creased & stained. The cards right out of the envelope will not separate or fan. They stick together in one unmanageable block.

The add copy says, "Delicate waterproof gimmick"

Mine feel like paper ... waterproof implies plastic or coated.... what do you suppose "delicate" means?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2020, AndrewI wrote:
Quote:

Best

Steve

I have read the review. First, I have Impossible and the cards are excellent. They are not flimsy in any way. They are better than just Ok quality. Mine spread without issue. If you want them slick like a card, put a little powder on them. I use them as is with no complaints.

Best

Steve
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2020, AndrewI wrote:
Quote:

Best

Steve

I have read the review. First, I have Impossible and the cards are excellent. They are not flimsy in any way. They are better than just Ok quality. Mine spread without issue. If you want them slick like a card, put a little powder on them. I use them as is with no complaints.

Best

Steve

Thanks for that, Steve. I was put off from that review, but have ordered based on your comments.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I've asked some other people who got it "recently" and apparently the first wave of cards were paper and the second wave (after Murphy's) were plastic
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4183 Posts

Profile of emyers99
My cards are definitely not plastic. They are cheap dollar store quality. That is the lesser of the two issues IMO. The bigger issue is that this is a blatant rip off other than switching the cards from esp cards to colors.

Oh, and I ordered mine after Murphy's released them. Got them from Hocus Pocus. So I'll be less than thrilled if I find out that there are plastic cards now being released since I just got mine two weeks ago.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
My cards are definitely not plastic. They are cheap dollar store quality. That is the lesser of the two issues IMO. The bigger issue is that this is a blatant rip off other than switching the cards from esp cards to colors.

Oh, and I ordered mine after Murphy's released them. Got them from Hocus Pocus. So I'll be less than thrilled if I find out that there are plastic cards now being released since I just got mine two weeks ago.

Hey Eric, got mine from Vanishing Inc. As far as a RIP-off, Magic has gotten a lot like music. There are so many arrangements but very few are better than the original. Personally I like it and the routine. We use to protect our Art better.

Best

Steve
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2273 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just received this today. To say I am unhappy with this entire product is an understatement. Cannot elaborate more just yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IMPOSSIBLE by Hank & Himitsu Magic (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL