The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » CSB set from TC (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
56 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Hello everyone,

I normally do not post reviews for anything but felt compelled to after receiving this CSB set. I purchased it from TC at http://realcoinmagic.com/coinmagic.htm and it was made from a walking liberty half dollar, Peruvian sol de oro coin, and an East African dime. Here are some pictures of the set! They are a beauty to hold and use and I can't say enough how happy I am with the purchase and the customer service TC provided when I was asking questions. He was very quick to respond and answer any questions I had as well as keeping me up to date on when he got the order shipped. The packaging was phenomenal and had included sleeves to store the coins when not in use.

Coins including gaff

Gaff coin alone

Nested

I can't begin to recommend this set enough and if you are looking to get some new coins definitely check out his website. He was a pleasure to work with and I am very happy with my purchase and will be doing business again with him in the future.

Now it's time to practice some new routines with this set Smile If anyone has any questions about this set please feel free to ask or PM me and I'll send additional pictures or help in any way I can.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5002 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The set looks nice, I looked at the site and it looks like there is some nice stuff pictured but I don’t think I know who “TC” is? Has he been around a long time and I missed it? Or am I just having a facepalm memory moment? Thanks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
@proofdaddy ... I’ve ordered several things in the past and all have been wonderful and arrive very quickly. I know his csb sets are a custom maker he has, but he has a decent amount of authentic schoolcraft items that he is authorized to sell. Highly suggest checking him out.
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
56 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Hey, Poof-Daddy! His name is actually Terry G. but he had signed his emails TC so I just used that in the title. I believe I've seen him post on the Café under the name TC Ryder or something if my recollection serves me right. Yeah, I had looked at several other of the other people and companies producing a CSB set and they were either out of stock or made with different coins I did not like as much. When I found this website and asked him some questions he was very helpful and I loved the three coins used so I decided to try it out and I'm very pleased with the purchase.

What have you ordered from him in the past Jxb? I know there are a lot of people who post coin sets on the Café and I wanted to show this one to anyone who might be looking to buy something in the future. All the threads here have helped me find exactly what I was looking for and I hope to pass that assistance on to anyone in the future.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Gravity flipper, 3CM , expanded shell, and a few other things ha
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5002 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Good to know that he is legit. I saw all those Schoolcraft Item names and scratched my head a little. I like the CSB set also but I would love to find one with Walker/African Dime/English Penny (rather than the Peruvian coin). Thanks for the heads up. I will check him out in the future.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
56 Posts

Profile of draupnir
He is awesome! That would make a fun set Poof-Daddy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can find someone to make you that custom set. Also, those are some nice things Jxb! I really want to get a hopping half set and then some kind of flipper down the line. Until then I will be having a lot of fun playing with this set Smile
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2018 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
... I would love to find one with Walker/African Dime/English Penny (rather than the Peruvian coin).

I don't think it would look right. Walkers and African Dimes are roughly the same size. English pennies are a bit larger.
Unless you made a "post" coin, the African dime would need to be the shell, meaning the penny would have to be milled down to less than the diameter of a half dollar - might not have much/any of its rim left.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1832 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
... I would love to find one with Walker/African Dime/English Penny (rather than the Peruvian coin).

I don't think it would look right. Walkers and African Dimes are roughly the same size. English pennies are a bit larger.
Unless you made a "post" coin, the African dime would need to be the shell, meaning the penny would have to be milled down to less than the diameter of a half dollar - might not have much/any of its rim left.

I'm not sure if it was with an African dime or a (fake) Chinese coin, but I remember there being at one time a CSB set with one coin an English penny. However, it might have been a two-copper - one-silver set. Not sure.

Craig Petty had a milled-down English penny in a set of coins he sold a while ago. It was milled down so that it would fit inside a half-dollar shell. But it wasn't part of a CSB set.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
The set looks nice, I looked at the site and it looks like there is some nice stuff pictured but I don’t think I know who “TC” is? Has he been around a long time and I missed it? Or am I just having a facepalm memory moment? Thanks.

TC Ryder has been on the Café here for many years and has had a dealer booth at many magic conventions I have been to here in Florida. I don't believe he makes any of the coin sets he sells, and he sells items mostly from Schoolcraft (or at least he used to when I last spoke to him several years ago). He and Jamie apparently know each other and he can sometimes get things from Jamie that others can't. He is very knowledgeable and reputable and is very easy to deal with.

Alan
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2018 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, Ray Haining wrote:

I'm not sure if it was with an African dime or a (fake) Chinese coin, but I remember there being at one time a CSB set with one coin an English penny. However, it might have been a two-copper - one-silver set. Not sure.

Here are a couple "post coin" sets with an EP as the outer shell of the CSB gimmick:

And here's a 2 copper 1 silver set, also with the EP as the shell....
And a SASCO CSB with an EP as the inner coin. You can see the rim is pretty much gone on the insert coin.

Quote:
Craig Petty had a milled-down English penny in a set of coins he sold a while ago. It was milled down so that it would fit inside a half-dollar shell. But it wasn't part of a CSB set.

His Mirage and Nightshade sets both featured milled down EPs. I have both. Not a big fan of the way the EPs look but there's a lot of versatility in those sets.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I purchased the same set from TC a few years ago. It is a custom set made by Johnson, and it's a fantastic set.

BTW it is indeed an East Africa Dime, Peru Un de Sol, and a Walker. All fit together perfectly and they look great! Johnson makes some great coin gaffs on a custom basis. Very nice set - definitely the best CSB set I own. And I own six different sets!

Thanks!

Jim
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
780 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:

T.C is good people and an excellent magi ,
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
780 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
You guys got me wanting a set , 👍🏼
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
56 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Haha you'll definitely have to get a set Twocan! In the short time I have had this one not a day goes by where I am not playing with it. I love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » CSB set from TC (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL