The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Linguistic principles for other languages than English (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thekillingjoke33
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of thekillingjoke33
Hello everybody,

There are many wonderful mental routines based on linguistic principles. But unfortunately these effects are mostly limited to the English language, or simply work better there. I am talking about effects like quinnfluence, leviathan or psyware. I am looking for good propless-style routines based on linguistic methods like a******s or !@#$*s that work well in other languages than English.
Since I'm from Germany I'd like to mention zodiac by chester sass, which works great in German, which is also because it was developed for the German language.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
'Proteus' by Phedon Bilek was adapted into many other languages, including German.

'Isolation' by Michael Murray may also have a German version too.

A lot of Fraser's propless/linguistic work may also be applicable to other languages (e.g., Rose, etc).

Also, since you know how the methods that you mentioned work (e.g., a******s or !@#$*s), I would recommend you devise your own routine/effects in your native language. Find a theme you that appeals you to you and see what come up with. Then try it out. This would be much more rewarding and it would be specific to you (as the creator).

Cheers,

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
thekillingjoke33
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of thekillingjoke33
Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply. Acutally I used Proteus quite a bit. I will have a look at isolation.
I agree with you that it would be the best to come up with stuff on my own. Actually I experimented with some websites to create a******s but I wasnt that happy with it.
So until I create my own full routines I will keep adapting existing ones to my personal performance style.

But anyway thanks for your recommendations!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Linguistic principles for other languages than English (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL