The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Marvelous Pencyclopedia - Tom Crosbie (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Marvelous Pencyclopedia - Tom Crosbie
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65665 (Download)
$24.95

The Hype:
Turn your everyday un-gimmicked Sharpie into a lethal magic weapon!

Welcome to the Marvelous Pencyclopeadia by Tom Crosbie and Marvelous FX. On this download you will find a comprehensive library of moves and sleights using the Magician's favorite pen - The Sharpie.

It also features moves and routines with kind permission from:

Rune Klan
Rick Merrill
Johan Stahl
Garrett Thomas
Flip Hallema
Greg Wilson

PRODUCTIONS AND VANISHES

Flip stick
False transfer
Flip Stick reproduction
Slide vanish
No hands display
No hands vanish (and production)
Vertical Flip Stick production
Vertical Flip Stick vanish
Lightening Vanish
Basic Production
Breakaway Vanish
Figaro Production
F.U. Pen Production

SWITCHES AND CHANGES

Thrust Change
Sideways Thrust
Blink Change
Paintbrush Change
Spellbound Change
Figaro Change
Knee Bounce Pen Change
Spellbound 1
Spellbound 2
Slide Change To Coin
Downward Thrust Coin To Pen
Centre Coin Production
Knee Bounce Change
Strike Vanish
Coin From Cap 1
Coin From Cap 2

HOLDOUTS AND SLEEVING

Waistcoat Pocket
Button Holdout and retrieve
Waistcoating
T-shirt Sleeving
Vernon Holdout
Sleeving Vanish
Throw Vanish
Loading and Holding Out Jumbo Pen
Arc Vanish
Pen Clip Holdout
Misdirection Burn
Braces Holdout

TABLE EFFECTS

Coin In Cap
Pen Thru Table

ROUTINES

One Pen No Sleeves
Figaro Multiple Production
Jazzing Without Sleeves
Pen Behind The Ear
Impromptu Hit-man
Jazzing With Sleeves
Impromptu 2
2 Pens And A Coin

My Take:
First of all, let me apologize for the tremendously long Hype section. I felt it needed to be added to give you an idea of just what you are getting here. Take a look at all the tricks and moves you are taught. This is staggering on a single download.

If, like me, you are quarantined, this would be a great buy for you. Tom goes over each and every move and sleight perfectly. Two things you will want to learn right away are Flip Hallema's Flip Stick (already considered a standard move and deceptive as all get out) and the Pen Spin. The Spin is not mentioned in the list of items but it is something you will want to take the time to learn. You have probably seen drummers with bands do this move with their drumsticks. If you don't do it, here is a hint. Practice over a bed or you will be chasing your Sharpie around the room. After playing with it a while, you just might want to throttle Tom as he makes it look so easy. I think this is his favorite thing to do just sitting around.

At the end of the video, he has a discussion with Marvelous Matthew Wright and spends the whole talking time spinning his pen. Matthew then teaches his Sharpie up the Nose. What makes this different from the version you probably have been doing for years is that he shows the pen halfway up the nose before the vanish. It does require a gimmick but you are taught how to make it.

I am sure you were not aware of just how versatile a move Flip Stick is. Tom uses it not only for vanishes but also switches for other objects such as a different colored Sharpie or a coin. He uses it in a Spellbound coin routine. This stuff looks like true magic in his hands and, although he looks very young, you can tell that he has spent a lot of time not only learning the moves but creating tricks and routines to be done with them.

Now if you are as bored staying home as I am (and everyone else), you could not go wrong with this download. The tricks and moves are taught with subtitles instead of talking which comes in handy if you wish to stop and take a look at something. You will not have to search for the sound bite you need. Tom is an excellent performer and you will want to spent a few hours with this. Plus, as a download, you can have it now! Highly recommended. This is a nice piece of work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Marvelous Pencyclopedia - Tom Crosbie (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL