The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Contest for fun, anyone? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
First, what is for the winner of the contest?
• Two stones, one white and one black, courtesy of Jim Carter and Little Jimmy’s Prop Shop. The black is PK’d (search out the ‘Little Jimmy’s Prop Shop’ group on Facebook or check out here);
• One ProMystic Flux, courtesy of Craig Filicetti and ProMystic;

Not the winner? Not to be dismayed. All entrants will receive a .pdf containing all of the submissions.

Guidelines/criteria of the contest:
• Submit a story, poem, or effect using one or both stones.
• Submissions need to be emailed as a Word Document, Google Doc, or .pdf to David Eichler (david4847[at]sbcglobal[dot]net) no later than May 31st, 2020 to be considered in this contest.
• All submissions remain the property of the author but the author consents for the submission to be given out, at no charge, to all contest entrants as well as subsequent purchasers of the white/black stone set from Little Jimmy’s Prop Shop as well as to subsequent purchasers of the Flux by ProMystic.
• Submissions may be edited for grammar or brevity, but not for the overall content.
• The judges of all submissions are Jim Carter, Craig Filicetti, and David Eichler. The three of them, collectively, will decide on the final winner.
• The judges are able to offer submissions but are ineligible to win the contest.
• The winner will be announced here no later than June 14th, 2020, barring additional craziness in the world.
• The .pdf of all submissions will be sent to all entrants as soon as it is compiled.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
This is a fantastic idea--and exactly the kind of thing we need during crazy times like this. You can definitely count on a submission from me.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
This week a total of 5 submissions have come in. I have heard from a few of you that you are working on submissions, as well. If the creative muse pays you a visit, please consider sending in a submission!

All the best,

David
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Done and submitted.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Best wishes

Todd
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2249 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
David,I sent a submission, but it bounced back.

Sent it again in a PM.

Yes, thanks so muchfor this opportunity

Kotah
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Hey KOTAH, check your PM.

The email is working fine - I received another submission during the night.

Thanks,

David
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2249 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Hey David, Thank you for the PM, Submission has been re-sent.

Thank you for your help, and for the opportunity.

Kotah
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Hey everyone,

As of today I have received 10 submissions, with some having send me messages that they are working on one (or more...)

There are 3 weeks left...plenty of time to allow your creativity to get the best of you.

All the best,

David
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
179 Posts

Profile of Station10
Mine is almost finished. Can't wait to see what everyone came up with.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
So far there are 16 submissions. All will be judged without the author's name on their entry. Three full weekends left to get yours turned in!

All the best,

David
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
179 Posts

Profile of Station10
And with a few keystrokes . . . my submission has been sent.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Got it, John!

One week from tomorrow the window for submission ends. Thus far there are over two dozen entries. Everyone who offers a submission will receive a .pdf containing the creative gifts of the entrants.

There is still time to submit!

All the best,

David
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Today is the last day to submit an entry. So far 30 entries have come in. You have until midnight EDT.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thus far!

David
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Thanks to the individuals who, collectively, submitted 32 entries over 79 pages! The judges have all entries. Names have been removed from each entry so the judges are reading blind. We hope to announce the winner within the next two weeks.

David
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Thanks to everyone who participated! All participants will receive a .pdf with all 32 entries. It was difficult to choose a single winner with so many great entries! All three judges received a document containing all entries without the names of the authors. In this way the judges were able to blindly read each entry. In the end, the winner of the ProMystic Flux and the set of stones from Little Jimmy’s Prop Shop will go to JON WARD for his entry ‘Weight of Memories’. We also have two runners-up, both of whom will receive a non-transferable $50 gift card to ProMystic, courtesy of Craig Filicetti. The two runners up are TODD LANDMAN for his entry ‘Cartesian Elements’ and KEN MUELLER for his entry ‘Coloradar’. Winners can reach out to Craig Filicetti at craig@promystic.com. I will send the winning set of stones to Jon on behalf of Little Jimmy’s Prop Shop. I will endeavor to get the .pdf out to all participants within a week’s time. Thanks for participating during this time of a global pandemic.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
The compilation has been sent out to all participants! Please reach out to me if you have not received your copy. Thanks, again, to all who participated!
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Wow, what an unexpected surprise! Thanks for the competition as I enjoyed having something to occupy my mind and time for a few days during this pandemic. Hope everyone is fairing well!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
It was great to take part in this, and a real honour to have been chosen as a runner up. The PDF is full of great thinking and superb material.

Thanks to David, Craig, and Jimmy for organising this!

Best wishes

Todd
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Yes, thanks to everyone that organized and participated in this.

I bought FLUX and loved it. I was using it last year at street festivals and having a great time with it.
Then I lost it.
I figured it had to be in one of my close-up cases or my vests.
Maybe my pants pockets?
I relegated it to the gremlins that seem to steal things whenever I look for them.
I figured it would eventually turn up.
And it did.
I found it on my driveway squashed and no longer working. I must have slipped out of my pocket at the end of a gig last year.
So, while I didn't win a new one - I will be looking to replace it as soon as possible.

Flux really is a killer utility device, and look at the routines it's inspired already.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Contest for fun, anyone? (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL