The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (206 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..25~26~27 [Next]
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Hmmmm. I’m getting a flood of pop up messages fro: the app today, and I’m not can using it.
Anyone else?
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, MagicallyMe wrote:
Hmmmm. I’m getting a flood of pop up messages fro: the app today, and I’m not can using it.
Anyone else?

Are you (an early purchaser) who is using one of the "ideal" IDs? eg. /new, /newsketch, /page, /newpage, etc?

If so (ie. you have one of those "ideal" IDs, then a whole bunch of people watching the trailer and Lloyd's over-advertised "SEE THIS FIRST" may be messing around with your page!!!

WARNING!!! When I selected my ID, I wanted something logical and easy for Spec to key in (eg. /new), but then I quickly realized that ANYONE could access that page and mess around with it!

At the moment, I don't think there is way to prevent this, so you may want to contact them (or post in their official FB page) as an issue for them to fix. Only thing I guess you can do for now is to clear your page right before you start, and hope that nobody is online messing with it while you perform...
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Well, that plays right into a question I was wanting answered.
How do we prevent previous participants from messing up our next show?
The explanation shows how to have only one person in a show able to connect.
But this is something different, and I’ve been getting color message on and off for the last several hours.
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, MagicallyMe wrote:
Well, that plays right into a question I was wanting answered.
How do we prevent previous participants from messing up our next show?
The explanation shows how to have only one person in a show able to connect.
But this is something different, and I’ve been getting color message on and off for the last several hours.

You can join their official FB and raise the matter. In fact, someone has already raised this, but as of now, there has been no response/suggestions from E.

So for now, the short answer is you can't do anything about it, and you just have to clear your page (or draw your template) just before you start, and pray that noone "decides" to draw on your site during your performance! If something does happen during your performance that neither you nor your Spec initiated, you better have some script to explain the real magic that is happening!!!
sci26808
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sci26808
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2020, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hmmmm ...
How is this different from Steven Ng's Colourz which was released September 2019?

It's not, and yet it is.

The Picasso routine, which has become synonymous with the Color Match effect, is the intellectual property of Craig Filicetti the founder of Promystic.

It is Craig's routine and it was released along along side his product. The routine itself as well as the Color Match effect have gone on the be knocked off countless times, including the product you referenced here.

Quote:
Craig Filicetti:
I should mention Ellusionist is the ONLY company I have authorized the use of ProMystic's original routine. Many people have used our routine and even our videos to sell their products without my approval and against my expressed desire for them to stop!

Greg, I'm sure you can appreciate Craig's desire to protect his intellectual property and I would hope everyone reading this thread will choose to support original creators rather than knock off competitors.

Again, this release from Ellusionist is the ONLY authorized version of this effect to be produced by any company other than Promystic.

Hi. Steven Ng, creator of Colourz here.

I've only been dabbling in the magic/mentalist community for a little under 2 years and wanted to chime in. Prior to Ellusionist's release of their Picasso Pro App, and my subsequent cordial conversation with Craig Filicetti last week, I was not aware of the history of his Picasso routine and it's influence on Color Match routines. While I saw other Color Match routines, I was originally inspired by David Kwong's TedX talk which I know now is the same as the Picasso routine. In our zoom video session, Craig expressed the history of Picasso, I shared Colourz, and it appeared Craig acknowledged and appreciated some of the unique features Colourz offers.

Colourz is my second Inject web based app, independently developed for the working magician/mentalists who wants creative flexibility. It can be performed on any phone, and includes peek information not provided by Picasso or other apps. It has been known in the Inject community since September/October 2019 and sold as an annual subscription.

Features in Colourz opens up other possibilities outside of the Picasso routine with multiple outs and additional kickers.

Colourz is designed for the working magician, for those who don't want a one trick pony. Paired with my Inject add-on SCI, you can start from "Google", end with Colourz, or vice versa and have layered routines linking to other mentalism routines, like knowing the freely entered search phrase entered by the spectator.

Effects

- Free Colourz - A paper free effect. Spectator freely chooses an image, freely chooses the colors, and freely chooses where to paint.

- True Colourz (requires Inject) - Popularized in the Inject community, the spectator is given an uncolored physical image and non-electronic markers to freely color in (free choice of a non digital marker or crayon, and free choice where to color), a prediction on any phone matches.

- Lazy Colourz - No physical prediction or prepared paper images. You perform a prediction on a borrowed phone, the Spectator FREELY colors on their phone. At the end, both match.

Recent feedback from members who have both Colourz and Picasso Pro, indicate both have their place, but Colourz provides the most flexibility, is generally more "organic and natural", provides a lot of flexibility, multiple ways to perform, allows you to call "audibles", and handle do it again moments. The choice to use these tools, including the Promystic products, depends on situation.

Best,

Steven
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Hi. Steven Ng, creator of Colourz here.

I've only been dabbling in the magic/mentalist community for a little under 2 years and wanted to chime in. Prior to Ellusionist's release of their Picasso Pro App, and my subsequent cordial conversation with Craig Filicetti last week, I was not aware of the history of his Picasso routine and it's influence on Color Match routines. While I saw other Color Match routines, I was originally inspired by David Kwong's TedX talk which I know now is the same as the Picasso routine. In our zoom video session, Craig expressed the history of Picasso, I shared Colourz, and it appeared Craig acknowledged and appreciated some of the unique features Colourz offers.

Colourz is my second Inject web based app, independently developed for the working magician/mentalists who wants creative flexibility. It can be performed on any phone, and includes peek information not provided by Picasso or other apps. It has been known in the Inject community since September/October 2019 and sold as an annual subscription.

Features in Colourz opens up other possibilities outside of the Picasso routine with multiple outs and additional kickers.

Colourz is designed for the working magician, for those who don't want a one trick pony. Paired with my Inject add-on SCI, you can start from "Google", end with Colourz, or vice versa and have layered routines linking to other mentalism routines, like knowing the freely entered search phrase entered by the spectator.

Effects

- Free Colourz - A paper free effect. Spectator freely chooses an image, freely chooses the colors, and freely chooses where to paint.

- True Colourz (requires Inject) - Popularized in the Inject community, the spectator is given an uncolored physical image and non-electronic markers to freely color in (free choice of a non digital marker or crayon, and free choice where to color), a prediction on any phone matches.

- Lazy Colourz - No physical prediction or prepared paper images. You perform a prediction on a borrowed phone, the Spectator FREELY colors on their phone. At the end, both match.

Recent feedback from members who have both Colourz and Picasso Pro, indicate both have their place, but Colourz provides the most flexibility, is generally more "organic and natural", provides a lot of flexibility, multiple ways to perform, allows you to call "audibles", and handle do it again moments. The choice to use these tools, including the Promystic products, depends on situation.

Best,

Steven [/quote]

is colourz an app ? couldn't find it in IOS appstore.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You must have inject 2 to perform Colourz
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I seem to have ran into the problem where I need to tap the screen in between colours.
This is not ideal to be honest.
Is there a fix for this?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, pegasus wrote:

and personally speaking, I wouldn't want to have to pay an annual fee to perform it. It seems like some are jumping on the bandwagon of subscription fees to perform, similar to microsoft. I'd rather pay a higher but one time amount than a never ending yearly subscription.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, lunatik wrote:
Quote:

and personally speaking, I wouldn't want to have to pay an annual fee to perform it. It seems like some are jumping on the bandwagon of subscription fees to perform, similar to microsoft. I'd rather pay a higher but one time amount than a never ending yearly subscription.

Me neither. It’s not that good anyway judging by the demo.

Although subscriptions give impetus on the devs to ensure their apps are kept up to date.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, agreed, subscription disqualifies it for me....although I made an exception for the Stranger
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:

i have inject 2 but a long time didn't play with it . do I need something more for Colourz ?

in Injet FB group I saw something about CSI but didn't understand what is it.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Me neither. It’s not that good anyway judging by the demo.

Although subscriptions give impetus on the devs to ensure their apps are kept up to date.

true on keeping their apps updated. Maybe divide up the full price of the app into let's say 5 years and have the yearly subscription at that rate?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
rsikdar2
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of rsikdar2
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, Pugwash wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, rsikdar2 wrote:
Hey guys, I needed some help. I'm an Android user and the app works great except for one thing - during performance, the screen times out and locks after 30 seconds after which I cannot view/p**k the notifications or get haptic feedback while the phone's in my pocket. I've set my "background image" to solid black so my phone appears to be inactive while sitting innocently on the table but covertly displays the "Labels". This of course stops after 30 seconds of inactivity which is the problem for me. Is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Rick

I thought I found a way to do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe you could try your Samsung?
Settings > Apps
scroll to and tap on Picasso
Permissions
Tap the three dots at the top right and select All Permissions
Tap Prevent phone from sleeping
OK

If this doesn't work, I think a 'Stay Awake' App that allows App selection is required.

Hey there - thanks for the tip. I did what you suggested and see that the app does seem to have the capability to "prevent phone from sleeping" but for some reason, does not. Is this a bug on the Android version? I hope someone from the team takes a look at it soon.

Click here to view attached image.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:

And you also need another add-on called SCI too.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
Quote:

i have Inject 2 long time . whats that SCI ? is it another app that I have to buy ?
sci26808
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sci26808
Quote:
Quote:

Actually you do not. But guys that have colourz like having the connection back and forth. Is this Sean? :p
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, sci26808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually you do not. But guys that have colourz like having the connection back and forth. Is this Sean? :p

Hi Steven - yes hope you’re good buddy. I thought Colourz needed to run in the SCI environment - if it doesn’t, then I’d certainly be interested in it. Please can you pm me the details
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Chris Jenkins
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris Jenkins
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
I seem to have ran into the problem where I need to tap the screen in between colours.
This is not ideal to be honest.
Is there a fix for this?

I have exactly this problem. I get the thump, but only when I pro-actively tap the screen in between each colour. Not particularly usable in which case.
Any help appreciated!
Weasel81
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Weasel81
Chris, you are not alone! I have been dealing with this since day 1. I updated to 1.2 today but no different. I receive the notifications but only after I touch the screen. This works the same with haptics and voice. Maybe they will get this fixed because it is hard to perform whole having to play with your phone! I am using Iphone 7 IOS 13.4.1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (206 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..25~26~27 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL