The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup help? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
I have recently been playing with a chop cup and would like a little advise, please.

I have a cheap aluminum cup (no idea where I got it), but I find the m***** is way too strong. Unless I slam it down or hit it hard, the ball will not...ahem....appear.
So I picked up a Morrissey cup, which is amazing, but... at some angles, while turning it over, the ball rolls out, really easily. If I turn it 90 degrees from that point, it will rest perfectly (is it the ball size?)

I think I may want to get a cup that falls right in the middle of those 2. Not too snug that the ball stays solid, but not too loose so that a little jostle will make it fall.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of David French
Over the years I have had many chop cups and have had the same issues. I know there are ways to "adjust" the magnet in the ball, but I never had success with that. I finally bought a Jim Riser Shorty cup and it is perfect. I have never had an issue. I don't know that he make them any longer. I would suggest a visit to MKcups.com They are wonderful!

Hope this helps.
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
I checked MKCups, he seems to be sold out of all but the mid-sized ones. Shame.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Rings-N-Things Chop Balls are adjustable https://www.rnt2.com/rnt-red-crochet-bal......tic.html You can read about it in the description. I had the same problem as you with two different size chop cups and these balls (whatever size/color you choose) will adjust to work with about any cup out there.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
My brother Jake Jr. has given me permission to make his Self Adjusting chop balls. They will be sold in pairs and 4 ball sets. No need for different chop balls.
These will self adjust on their own for any cup used and reset on their own when not in a cup. I'm looking at the end of May to the beginning of June for release
and these will be very limited.

-Frederick
AirShip Magic, Mfg.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
dfolson
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Have the SA balls become available yet? I haven't seen them online. Getting ready to order some olives for my bar cup...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup help? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL