We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Lonely magician seeks specific gaffed deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Hello and I hope this finds you all well.

Question: does there exist a gaffed deck with:

1. One corner index, ALL SAME value/suit index (any random card index, but all same), and...
2. Other corner index, ALL DIIFERENT 52 regular indexes.

Idea would be, spread cards L to R, show normal ALL DIFFERENT indexes. Turn deck end to end and use ALL SAME gaffed index for force or reveal

Essentially an entire mis-pipped deck.

Thank you
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2674 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Yes.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
643 Posts

Profile of karnak
Not only yes, but it’s traditionally known in the trade as a Monte Cristo deck, and most recently marketed as a Mastermind deck.

See https://www.penguinmagic.com/s/Mastermin......+-+Trick
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
689 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Note that several here have complained that the MM decks do not spread well, that the cards clump together. However, shaking the cards in a bag with a pinch of fanning powder will fix that problem.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
643 Posts

Profile of karnak
I read of such problems, but mine was perfectly fine. Maybe if it was once a problem, it’s been fixed?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Thank you. [sheepishly: I already own the Mastermind deck. Have to go up and find it. Good, looks like a Rider back and not the Maiden back. Lonely magician losing his mind . . .]
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1864 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 3, 2020, ejohn wrote:
Note that several here have complained that the MM decks do not spread well, that the cards clump together. However, shaking the cards in a bag with a pinch of fanning powder will fix that problem.

I've read quite frequent reports about this as well, and it's one reason I have been holding off in buying a Mastermind deck.

How reliable is this "fix", and have others had any experience with this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Lonely magician seeks specific gaffed deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL