The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Stimulus check question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Hey I have a question for you guys I went to that get my payment portal on the irs.gov it said my check was scheduled to be sent on May 1st I've been waiting for it and have not received anything I was wondering are any of you guys in the same boat where they said it was going to be sent May 1st but you still have not received yours yet any input would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Good magic to,

Eric
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9906 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Most that I know that were waiting received theirs last week. If they had trouble with the online portal many received theirs in the regular USPS mail.

The portal, if you could get in, was very sensitive. One of my students forgot the period after "N" as in North for the name of his street, and the system said they couldn't find it or there was a system problem/error. I had them get their most recent tax return and check it (Name and Address) EXACTLY as it was on their return. For about 5 or 6 that did it. As I said, others just received it in the mail at their last known address on file with the IRS.

One department doesn't communicate with the others. I had students that received an electronic refund last year on their taxes, yet that contact info and address didn't match with what was on their return so the system rejected it. In several cases, they used a middle initial in their name in one source and not the other. The departments don't seem to share info so they had to delve into it to figure it out. It took days to do because after 2 or 3 attempts the system locked them out for 24 hours each time they attempted to try new info to figure it out.

All of them finally were able to get in without assistance as it wasn't available. Once they did it was easier to make corrections and changes. It was the getting in after the error message that was the hard part.

Attempting to reach them for assistance by phone was difficult and if you did get through you only received a message saying they couldn't take your call due to shut down or staffing.

For those that have moved since filing their last returns either 2018 or 2019, this seems to be the most problem area as they are not able to get theirs in the mail.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5081 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There's quite a bit of conversation about this in the topic "coronavirus outlook" in Tricky business. I posted a link to site explaining when checks would be mailed out. May 1 was Friday and if they mailed it then, it's only been a few days. Mail and package delivery is a little slower than usually so I'd give it another day or so.
Where the magic begins
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Thank you Mindpro and Dave. I'm glad to say it showed up today. I definitely appreciate the responses.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

It will be nice to be back tomorrow and then it's off to cash the check and to take care of a little Café business too😃👍

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Stimulus check question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL