The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Direction and business (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
I'm relatively new to magic (a years worth of exp or so). I want to better myself as a magician and work myself into the proffessional business but I am lost.

I was curious if anyone knows of any good books or dvds that might lend me some advice as to in which direction to pursue in my magical interests as well as the business aspect of magic.

I enjoy most forms of magic and have tried a bit of everything, I have the card college books, bobo's coin magic, Ammars intro to coin magic, daryls' rope videos, a few sankey videos, and in the mail [hopefully] are Mark Wilson's handbook, and Henry Hays amateur magicians handbook, the bill Malone dvds,and a few assorted others.

Any reccomendations would be great. Thanks in advance.

I apologize if this has been covered, the search feature is not working for me.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The best in my opinion.
davedee.com
Get the e-book, study it, do it and make some good cash.
Good luck
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Scott Guinn has a book entitled Great Scott It’s Show Business. I highly recommend it, he has been performing magic professionally for a long time and his book will enlighten you on how to get from point A to point B.

Good Luck

Kid
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Ernie,

You'll find the information you're looking for under the Special Interest forum, sub titled Tricky Business. This deals with the business aspect of magic and you'll find it contains a wealth of info.

Good Luck!
erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
Thanks everybody, I appreciate all the advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Direction and business (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL