The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Reel Magic good for beginners? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scott25
View Profile
New user
Utah
10 Posts

Profile of scott25
Hi,

I was wondering if Reel Magic Magazine was a good resource for beginners? I see that Curtis Kam has reinterpreted Bobo's Coin Magic and Kainoa Harbottle has a course that teaches the fundamentals of coin magic.

Is there any comparable tutorial on Magic Reel for card magic? Magic Reel looks like a fantastic resource, I just don't know how "beginner-friendly" it is?

Thoughts?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Scott...you can contact me at kozmomagic@me.com and I will guide you through Reel Magic including access so you can see for your self.

There are coin courses and ring courses. Were currently working on a basic card course from Jon Armstrong. Theres ton of great content on the site.

Shoot me an email
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1728 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 9, 2020, scott25 wrote:
I was wondering if Reel Magic Magazine was a good resource for beginners? I see that Curtis Kam has reinterpreted Bobo's Coin Magic and Kainoa Harbottle has a course that teaches the fundamentals of coin magic.

Is there any comparable tutorial on Magic Reel for card magic? Magic Reel looks like a fantastic resource, I just don't know how "beginner-friendly" it is?

This detailed review should answer any questions you have about it:

Review: Reel Magic Magazine - Easily the best deal in magic today!
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=675334

It's only $5 a month, so give it a try and see what you think. Kozmo may be able to set you up with a coupon to try it for free for a weekend - he often has offers like that.
PaulAF
View Profile
New user
Cambridgeshire
3 Posts

Profile of PaulAF
Hi everyone. I am new to the group and relatively new to Reel Magic Magazine. In the last 6 months or so I have bought 14 DVDs and will continue to buy them. I am slowly working my way through them and will revisit them for sure. There is so much content for both beginners and those far more experienced. There are extremely interesting interviews, reviews, tricks, moves and so much more! Highly recommended!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3234 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Off hand, I can't think of a better monthly streaming magazine (with weekly updates!) on the subject of magic.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
137 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
I'm a beginner/amateur and find REEL Magic Magazine to be very useful. It's also good value. I pay $5 a month, i.e. $60. Have you checked out the price of new magic books? Sixty bucks is a steal!

There are TONS of card tricks and methods. Kainoa's Coins 101 is good. If you want to learn more about magic, and the people who make it, you can't go wrong with a subscription.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Reel Magic good for beginners? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL