The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm here to help! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
75 Posts

Profile of bassinator
Ultimately, I think this thread turned into something good even though the OP hasn't shown back up. Lots of great points!
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
135 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Agreed.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10019 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What happened to the great helper?
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
284 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, Mindpro wrote:
What happened to the great helper?

He also posted the same message on another forum. I'll repeat here what I wrote there -

This is one of the instances where I'm actually hoping the OP is just being rude/ignorant by not responding. I sincerely hope he is ok, and not fallen victim to the virus, or some other personal tragedy.

Let's not jump the gun folks.

Jim
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
135 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Agreed Jim.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10019 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Well that's one way to look at it. That aside, stills seems fishy.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
284 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
You are entitled to your opinion, mindpro.

There could be many reasons why the OP hasn't returned, or responded. All I'm saying is let's not just assume he's being deliberately rude, or there is something "fishy".

Jim
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10019 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I'm also not going to assume the worst. I've been around here long enough to be able to call a spade a spade.

Come on, coming in here with such tone and aggression on his very first post? Then not returning to the post he created? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

But as you said, you are entitled to your opinion as well.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
284 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion, wether I agree with it or not.

Out of interest, what did you find aggressive, and wrong with the tone of the first post ? I didn't get that impression at all, quite the contrary actually.

I'll admit your "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck" did give me a chuckle. It reminded me of the Two Ronnies sketch.

Jim
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10019 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Lol!

It just seemed very suspect to me. We are all here to help each other, no need to proclaim it like some superior. I just questioned his intent and sincerity. Also, this is not how you enter a community as a new member. You introduce yourself, learn the lay of the land, learn this room/forum, learn who's who, attempt to contribute, participate, and fit in, before trying to hit people up to buy your yet-to-be-created products.

He seemed to have an agenda here from the get-go. I see this over and over again in Tricky Business so it has become quite obvious to spot.

Also, his wording was very suspect. "I have been learning magic for the last 19 years," not I've been performing magic for 19 years, or I've been teaching magic for 19 years." Just strange comments. Then asking what is needed. If in fact, he has been in magic for 19 years he should know this very well and not have to ask. I believe it was a setup to know what books he could create to sell quickly to make a few bucks during COVID-19, not with the true intent of helping others or he would be participating in his very own thread that he started. He did nothing to establish his skills, knowledge, experience, and credibility - nothing, just barged in with a seeming agenda.

We live in a time of today's instant so-called experts popping up all over the internet and here as well. It is very frustrating to those of us that have been in fact coaching, teaching, training, mentoring, and consulting others here in and throughout the entertaibemntindustry for over 30 years.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
284 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Thank you for your reply.

It's funny you should say that - a few members on another forum that the OP was posted on, came to the same conclusions.

Obviously it could be, and it would make sense. I hope it wasn't - not only is it bad form, it's going to make me look stupid as well.

But until I know more, I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm here to help! (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL