The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just got this from Photobucket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2876 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Just got this:

Photobucket

Image Hosting Is Not Permitted

We have detected that you are hosting images using a free tier account in violation of our terms of use. You can either purchase an unlimited hosting plan or immediately stop hosting.

Upgrade Now

or Break Your Hosting Links

If you select Upgrade Now, you are agreeing to purchase our unlimited hosting plan, with room for up to 25,000 original images and an ad free experience for just $5 per month for 6 months.

Verrry interesting... I used Photobucket for a few years before they decided to charge people for photos they had uploaded on a free account, but I wouldn't have a clue how to host photos, let alone what a "free tier" account is. So I'm wondering if it's a scam. I'm going to contact them directly thru their web site and see what happens. Obviously, no way I'm going to click on the links.

UPDATE: I tried their web site, but there doesn't seem to be any way to contact them directly. So the heck with it.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It just seems like the next logical step. First it is free, then once you like it they charge a nominal fee. THEN it goes up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
A puppy sale as we say in the trade.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
alanm99
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
114 Posts

Profile of alanm99
Hasn't photobusket died yet ??

1000's of images vanished in forums worldwide and many on here.

People got ****ed off and left photobusket. Including me. I tried imghur but that can be dodgy as well.

Company who holds its user for hostage should be left far and wide.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
246 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Exactly. I had a paying account with them years and years ago, then they changed their format and made the same thing I was paying for free to everyone.

I haven't thought of them in years+ and thought they must have gone the way of AOL by now (considering the image hosting available elsewhere).
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just got this from Photobucket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL