The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Distilled by Ryan Plunkett & Vanishing Inc. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Sandusky, OH
949 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Wondering if you should buy Vanishing Inc.'s latest book, Distilled, by Ryan Plunkett? Wonder no longer...I've got a full unbiased video review to answer all of your questions. Let me know your thoughts!

- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Thanks so much for your insightful review. I usually order Vanishing Inc. releases due to their attention to detail in the asthetics and format of the books they offer. I know it's strange for a magician to purchase a book for the asthetics first, and the magic second, but darned if I havent read and practiced, (and forgotten) over a milllion card tricks in the last 30 years!

I'll read the effects and appreciate the fact that the author has shared some "real world" routines with the rest of us...if I can take something away that will add to what I've painstakingly honed down to my "working" sets, so much the better!

It's important, I feel, that the magic community support magicians who put their blood ,sweat,and tears on paper for us to appreciate and hopefully add an effect or two to our routines. However, we all know that sometimes an author can be overzealous in their attempts to contribute to the art of magic.Thankfully,your review is a testament to what sounds like a wise purchase from a magician (and company) who cares about the quality of the merchandise they are selling to us.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Sandusky, OH
949 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On May 17, 2020, peppermeat2000 wrote:
Thanks so much for your insightful review. I usually order Vanishing Inc. releases due to their attention to detail in the asthetics and format of the books they offer. I know it's strange for a magician to purchase a book for the asthetics first, and the magic second, but darned if I havent read and practiced, (and forgotten) over a milllion card tricks in the last 30 years!

I'll read the effects and appreciate the fact that the author has shared some "real world" routines with the rest of us...if I can take something away that will add to what I've painstakingly honed down to my "working" sets, so much the better!

It's important, I feel, that the magic community support magicians who put their blood ,sweat,and tears on paper for us to appreciate and hopefully add an effect or two to our routines. However, we all know that sometimes an author can be overzealous in their attempts to contribute to the art of magic.Thankfully,your review is a testament to what sounds like a wise purchase from a magician (and company) who cares about the quality of the merchandise they are selling to us.


Thanks for the kind words. You're absolutely right about supporting artists, too - enjoy the book!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
989 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Very good review. I’m so glad Vanishing Inc is continuing the great magic book tradition.
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Juble
Fantastic review Jeff. Thanks for spending the time making it an easy choice for us lot. Loving your review channel as I too am mad about magic books!
👍👍👍
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1923 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Hi friends,

I've upload a blog and YouTube reviews for the book. Watch Dr.JK's review first, if you have time you are welcome to watch mine.

Blog: https://www.alexmagicreview.com/post/distilled



Enjoy and Stay Safe!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
lighthouse9
View Profile
New user
Michigan
50 Posts

Profile of lighthouse9
This is a great review, Jeff. It also makes me want to go to the Chicago Magic Lounge once it opens up again.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Sandusky, OH
949 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, lighthouse9 wrote:
This is a great review, Jeff. It also makes me want to go to the Chicago Magic Lounge once it opens up again.


Thanks! I've never been myself, but hope to do so in the near future, especially now that I live closer!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1042 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, Dr. JK wrote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, lighthouse9 wrote:
This is a great review, Jeff. It also makes me want to go to the Chicago Magic Lounge once it opens up again.


Thanks! I've never been myself, but hope to do so in the near future, especially now that I live closer!


I’ve seen Ryan close-up at The Chicago Magic Lounge a number of times. He is excellent!
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@performbettershows.com[/email]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1334 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey everyone. I’ve just reviewed this book on my new review show and I even perform one of the routines.

Bottom line it’s awesome. If you want to watch here is the link.

Cheers.

Here’s the link.

https://youtu.be/GRWEQDV0NbY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Distilled by Ryan Plunkett & Vanishing Inc. (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL