The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book Appraisals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
My apologies in advance if this belongs elsewhere. Is there a go-to resource who appraises the value of historic magic books or ephemera? I am aware of Potter and Potter but was curious if there is an online resource as reference.

Thanks in advance
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
69 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
If you mean to simply look up and get a price? I don't think so. I maintain a database of actual sales of magic books (not simply listed prices) with around 11,000 recent transactions. You can message me if there is a book or two you want data for.
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
There is a subscription based website called WorthPoint that has a lot of collectable pricing data.

https://www.worthpoint.com/

I've never subscribed nor am I affiliated in any way. I discovered this site when researching magic book values in the past. Sadly, you can't see the values they assign unless you pay the subscription fee. As I understand it their data is made up from various internet sales sights and auction results.

Hope this helps,

Doug
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
69 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
You can also use LiveAuctioneers.com for similar information to WorthPoint and there is no charge. I source a small amount of my data from LiveAuctioneers.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I don't know if either of these two fellows are still involved in selling used/rare magic books. Both were guys you would see at magic conventions. I have business cards from both, but they're quite old. I feel like either if they're still involved would have a good pulse on prices. It's sounds like EvilClown above is a good source above.

George Daily (I've bought thinks from him in the past on ebay)

John (Andy) Greget
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Thanks for the responses, I’ll be checking out these resources.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book Appraisals (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL